• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing Lucy

Sue.k

Lucy.jpg

Awww, she is lovely, Sue! Definitely a cavalier and not a Charlie. :) With a shorter snout and some extra weight, that is very likely the cause of your extra noises. I am sure you will have her in great shape in no time with some walks and a litle less chow! :lol: She makes a lovely pair with Prince.

She is getting on Ok, there is a little bit of crying when she is left on her own but she slept fine last night. She is very cuddly, my niece (almost 4) was over yesterday and she was sitting on the floor, Lucy couldnt get close enough to her, she kept cuddling her, it was so cute :) Prince still doesnt know whats going on, he just follows me everywhere now, he is a little jealous but not in an aggresive way which is good :D

Thanks Karlin, I am putting her on a diet for sure, she is too overweight:eek: She looks a little older when you see her first, but last night I gave her a bath and when I had the towel wrapped around her and her face was the only part of her showing it was so cute, she has a real baby face :)

Oh wow she looks soo sweet!!!!!!!! what a cutie!!! and she looks so young for what did you say??? 6 years old?? gorgeous!

Thank Nisha, we think she is around 6, she had 5 litters of pups before the woman I got her from got her :( , she had her for a year so I dont think she will be much older than that. She might be overweight but she is well able to jump!! I went out of the kitchen yesterday for 2 minutes and when I got back in she was up on a chair and Prince was just standing there looking at her :rolleyes: . It was so funny, I could just picture Prince saying to her "Oh your not allowed do that, I am gonna tell on you" (I dont let them on chairs at all, I did with Prince when we moved house but I noticed a change in him, he got very cheeky and wouldnt listen to me so I put a stop to it) She used to sleep on the couch in her last home but I'm afraid she wont be doing it in her new house, I am sure she will adjust to it fine, hopefully in a few weeks they will be snuggled up together in one bed :D

What a little sweetie!! Sounds like things are going along smoothly there with Prince and Lucy, they are doing all the usual "getting to know you" things that dogs do, including inapropiate sniffing of certain area's! :rolleyes: As the others have said let them get on with it, they need to set their own rules with each other.

The snorting you mentioned sounds like backsnorting to me, it is very common in Cavaliers as their pallette is slightly too long and from time to time they start to swallow it with the characteristic snorting you mention as a result, next time it happens put your fingers on the bridge of their nose and "bow" their heads into their chest, this will "flip" the pallette forwards again, if this doesn't work, then I usually pop my finger onto the back of the tongue whilst bowing the head forwards, it can look very alarming but is actually nothing to really worry about!!

:hug: to Prince and Lucy, I am sure you are going to have an awful lot of fun together over the coming months and years! :lotsaluv:

Thanks a million Cathryn, I thought it was something to do with the pallette, I will try that the next time (hopefully it wont happen too often)

Just to echo about the trick Cathryn gave- it really does work. Amber has a shorter nose than Holly, and she snorts quite regularly- Holly very rarely does. The trick Cathryn mentioned works every time, although sometimes you may find you have to keep doing it. When Holly does it though, it tends to be a longer attack- I think because she panics and that makes it worse. Amber just carries on doing whatever she was doing, so her's are usually sorted easily because she doesn't have to be extracted from under the table.

Wow, she has the sweetest face! And her coat looks lovely, soft and fluffy. Congratulations on your new addition to your family. :)

Back