• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Overdue for a bath...not for long...

Gracie's Mommy

I was a bit behind in giving Gracie a bath. Usually she gets one every few weeks, but it's been a little over a month now. She looks fine, but I guess she was starting to feel dirty.

This morning when I was in the shower, she kept banging her nose against the shower door. The first time, I thought it was a fluke...but, then every 30 seconds to a minute, she'd hit the door again and stare at me. Finally, I opened the door a bit and she jumped right in and hung out under the water until I got out. I guess she took matters into her own hands! Clever girl! :D

We do usually give her a shower rather than a bath. She seemed much more receptive to the shower...but, never excited enough to ask for one! :lol: She definitely made me smile this morning!

I find this so amusing. I think Cleo would rather do anything else than voluntarily get wet. She doesn't even like going for a walk in the rain. If it's pouring outside and you say walk to her, she gets excited and then you see the concern about the rain cross her face! She'll go out for about 5 minutes and then consistently jump up on you indicating that she's had enough now thanks and wants to go home! :)

That's funny....a dog with a good sense of hygiene! My guys get bathed in the shower. I sit on a plastic stool and have a pull down hose. They both just stand there and endure it.

That's hilarious. Sounds like you have a real water baby! Mine would never rush into a bath or shower though. Now a river ,the sea or a pond is different! :lol:

Oh how funny, bless her!! A dog who gets in the shower!! Better watch out, she'll be borrowing your shower gel and body lotion next! ;) :rotfl:

Oh Lindsay that is too funny!! Fiona sometimes does that too, but I think for her she just wants attention. Sometimes she'll hang out in the bathroom with Kevin when he's showering, and she'll make such a fuss sometimes he just sticks her in the shower and she just sits there and watches:D ...Seems like Gracie and Fiona would be friends.

I have a pink and grey gallah (Native auzzie parrots) and he loves following me around the house, my boyfried was really suprised when the parrot followed him into the shower the other night and just sat on his shoulder under the water!!

Some animals are so cute!!:eek:

That is cute & excellent. All of mine will stick their nose just inside the shower to see what I am doing but none have ever gotten in. Only this morning I was thinking maybe it would be easier to shower them in there (like Cathy does) rather than doing them in the laundry tub. Especially now with winter here & none of us really want to be down there in the draughty laundry. Might give it a try. :cool:

lmao thats hallarious.
i had a cat jump in once...i dont think he quite got hte concept of runing water...he figured it out pretty quick:D

Back