Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Eukanuba CKC Breed

Post Thanks / Like

Cathryn, thanks for mentioning ProPlan. I mentioned one time on this site that I fed ProPlan and I got negative replies. I became concerned and started looking for another brand. I value the information I read on this site.

Then I started to think Breeze has been on ProPlan lite for about 9 years, right after puppyhood, which she ate ProPlan Puppy (chicken and rice). I also feed it to Scout and they thrive on it. Their coates are shiny, eyes bright and full of energy (well at least Scout is LOL). Even the Golden Retriever I owned before Breeze ate it. So I don't think it's a bad dog food. I would rather feed all natural or organic, but where I live there aren't any store within 20 miles that sell that type of food. I feel better about it now...thanks again.

One more thing the breeder that I purchased Breeze from gave lots of literature about not only Newfoundlands but other puppy and dog type information...how to groom, what types of treats and toys to give, food....etc. She did say, in bold type, feed Science Diet at your own risk. I'm not sure why, but I wouldn't...
    Sharon, proud Mom of Scout (tri) and Breeze (Newfie)

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a bag of Royal Canin Mini Adult and gave some to ginger and she VACUUMED it up!!
    Going to slowly switch over to that for a few months. She seems to absolutly love it!!
    Estee-Mom to Ginger
    one of the best things to ever happen to me!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the leaflet on the CKC food and was getting lots of pressure to buy it myself but my pup hated the puppy food and so was concerned about it. Glad I read this thread as we won't be buying it now and shall stick with the trusty Royal Canine....
    Emma and Renco Harvey & Bella's mum & dad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers Mommy View Post
    I picked up a bag of Royal Canin Mini Adult and gave some to ginger and she VACUUMED it up!!
    Going to slowly switch over to that for a few months. She seems to absolutly love it!!

Ah there you go you see, a lady with a really good sense of taste!!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally I do not think that Purina does use top quality ingredients - the best thing about it is that they use "Tocopherol rich extracts of natural origin" to preserve it.

If you look at this site

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/ {USA based but most of the info applies here too}

it tells you a lot more about ingredients, and what they may actually be made of...

Eg DIGEST {as listed in Purina Adult Small Breed}

A cooked-down broth made from unspecified parts of unspecified animals. The animals used can be obtained from any source, so there is no control over quality or contamination. Any kind of animal can be included: "4-D animals" (dead, diseased, disabled, or dying prior to slaughter), goats, pigs, horses, rats, misc. roadkill, animals euthanized at shelters, restaurant and supermarket refuse and so on.

Do you REALLY want to feed that to your dog???

I do have some concerns over some of the ingredients in Royal Canin, but it is one of the better foods out there...and I know they are very supportive of breeders. They do have some good information on their website...but interestingly I cannot find any information about ingredients online...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nicki!

Have just checked into my breeders club folder from RC and I have a product info sheet for each of the feeds I would purchase from them with an ingredients listing, and also quite a detailed average analysis list for proteins, minerals, vitamins and metabalosied energy!!

RC do a range of breed specific feeds too, the one's I have lists for include, Dachsund, Poodle and Yorkshire Terrier, looking at these feed info sheets they list in the ingredients green tea and grape extracts (rich in polyphenols)!! Blimey!!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Cathryn - I have their phone number so I'm going to get in touch with them.

I do really like the food I'm currently feeding, it's the most natural one I could find, but delivery costs to me have got really high now due to the couriers charging ridiculous prices to deliver up here

it's http://www.naturaldogfoodcompany.com/
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org