• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

monkey nuts

angie

i searched in the search engine before writing here as i wondred if ckcs should eat monkey nuts? jadan got hold of a couple and loved them to bits..even shelled tehm and just ate the nuts. didnt let him have more than couple but wondered if they were ok. obviously doesnt have a nut allergy as has peanut butter from time to time so maybe i shouldnt worry. should i ?

Hi!

I think the big worry would be if he had swallowed them whole and they had gotten stuck in his windpipe causing him to choke. Haven't heard about a nut allergy in dogs personnally but would be wary of allowing him to eat such small things.

I don't know what monkey nuts are, so don't know if they're similar to walnuts. I've read that walnuts are often toxic to dogs because of a toxic mold that can grow on the nut inside the shell.

It's another name for whole peanuts over here. :) Peanuts are fine -- just heavy in calories so I wouldn't feed large amounts and just be cautious of them as a choking hazard.

LOL!! never realise how some things are called something so different in other places! yep monkey nuts are the nuts still in there origional shell before they are dry roasted or salted HEEHEE! anyway...they wont be a regular treat....mainly because they are mine!!! and actually a hand full a night is actually proven to be very benficiary as a source of protein ....ok ok they are fattening.....but so is everything these days!!!! i wouldnt leave a toddler alone with one so i certainly wouldnt my little furball. i was just supprised that he actually shelled it thats all, instead of eating it whole. :) he has obviously been watching me and i obviously eat toooo many then!!!

Back