Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOMED: Big, really big, boy in Ohio

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What was his personality like? He looks like a little bear!

He actually wouldn't be inconsistent with the kinds of cavaliers that can come from BYBs and puppy mills -- you will see a huge variation in size, head shape etc. Some cavalier lines way back when were actually developed using springers amongst other breeds (Bet would know all this in more detail) so you do see some odd and unusual features come to the fore sometimes. From viewing dogs on Petfinder a lot of the cavaliers look more like crosses.

The other issue is that many cavaliers from such backgrounds and used for breeding may have other breeds in their background more recently and this might emerge when other less than scrupulous breeders breed these dogs in turn.

I've seen some pretty odd looking cavaliers come from club-registered breeders too -- way off breed standard. That's why club registration on its own doesn't necessarily indicate a quality breeder. Research, research, research for the puppy buyer!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Has this big boy got a home yet does any one know---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney----Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, friends of ours are going to adopt him!! WootWOot!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

Raven - that is excellent news!!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good can you get photos of him as well so we can see him when he has lost a bit of weight ----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie----Barney---Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

What great news, Raven!! He'll be so handsome when he loses a huge bit of weight--poor fella. So glad to hear he's going to a good home!
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

Raven,
    When are they getting him? I keep watching PetFinder to see when his posting disappears - he's still there! I sure hope everything is going to work out for the big guy and your friends. I was so excited to hear that he was getting a new home. Let me know what's happening - please.
    JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

yes, the franklin county shelter is a little slow on removing things off their site... I haven't seen them in a few days, so I don't know for sure, but they were going to go not soon after I last talked to them... like that day or the next to pick him up
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That would be great if you can update when you know he's in his new home. Now he has a fanclub.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Their website says he's adopted!!

We need a picture of him and Cicero together!!!