• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Red eyes?

Battie4

Havent posted much recently ont he boards cause Waffles is keeping me REALLY busy. I will eventually post an update with pictures of her.

But main quesiton is Ive noticed thatsometimes her eyes get really red. Im not sure if that is bad or not cause our otehr dog sometimes gets it too but is it something I need to be worried about

Any info is greatly appreciated thanks!

Jon Chang

Hi Jon. There are number of things that could be causing Waffles red eyes - Cavs are prone to a number of eye conditions. It could be something simple like Waffles has irritated her eyes by rubbing her head against the carpet, could be allergies, dry eye, or Etropion (lower eyelids edges roll inward towards the eye causing eyelashes to rub the eyes and causing irritation). This condition can be corrected with surgery. It's definitely worth asking the vet about. Good luck!

Just to be on the safe side, I would have the vet take a look. Then you'll know whether it's a problem or not. :)

Definitely see the vet then, she may have dry eye or entropion.

Rubbing eyes on the carpet, grass, etc. can actually cause scarring of the cornea.

One of mine, India, had slight entropion, and she had a laser procedure done on her eyelids. It worked out very well for her.

Good luck, and keep us updated.:flwr::flwr::flwr:

I have one line of dogs that, when they are tired, the whites of their eyes look red. I was very concerned until I realized EVERY morning - his eyes looked great-- and late at night, they were red again. No swelling, discharge - just redness. fwiw Sandy

Back