• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

LUMP.under skin.

Justine

i was just stroking him and to my shock is i bug lump under the skin on his neck.i have just phoned the vtes and no one there.it doesnt hurt him when i sqeeze it a little.any ideas before i go tearing my hair out.its not a gland because its in the wrong area.

i was just stroking him and to my shock is i bug lump under the skin on his neck.i have just phoned the vtes and no one there.it doesnt hurt him when i sqeeze it a little.any ideas before i go tearing my hair out.its not a gland because its in the wrong area.

Is it at an injection site?

NO i thought that at first his injections are due in august.i have just felt again and its just on top of his shoulder blade and its big.it seems to move but i am not a vet.he is only 14 months old.what could it be ,the first thing i thought is cancer.

no its not the microchip.the lump has just appeared.i last brushed him 2 days ago and it wasnt ther then i would of noiticed it because its big.

i was just thinking could it be a bite or a sting.i have just had a look and i cant see any puncture wounds and if it was surely it would be sore.

Hi!

This sounds just like what happened a few weeks ago with Mum and Dad's girl Tilly, we found a lump, it didn't respond to anti-biotics so they operated to remove it. It was benign thankfully and the vets believe she stuck herself on a rose thorn or similar and this was the reaction to it, just pure bad luck that it din't go down with the anti-biotics was all!

I know it sounds difficult but try not to worry about it too much unless it gets noticebly larger or reddened and feeling hot, let us know how you go on at the vets won't you?

How big is the lump, what is its texture & what part of the neck is it on. Lots of things in necks that can cause lumps eg lymph nodes, blocked salivary glands etc. In that area, I would certainly get a vet to take a look at it.

We all knolw that's my line - Go to your Vet!!!

I found a small lump on Sasha a week or so ago. I had the vet check it while she was boarding and told him to do a needle aspirate if he thought it was necessary. When Bubba picked the girls up today the vet said that it was more like a pimple and he and squeezed it and it had gone away. Since Wallis has that fibrosarcoma I'm really paranoid about those things.

It could be as innocent as a sebaceous cyst (a cyst in the oil gland in her skin) but if there is any question in your mind please have her seen.

Let us know what you find out.

my boyfriends parent's dog was starting to grow what looked kinda like a unicorn horn on the top of her head and they did a biopsy on it to see what it was. it wasn't anything harmful, but it's always better to know. then the next time she was in for a dental, they removed it. i think it ended up just being fat or something on her scull. but i would have it check out because there are many things that i'm sure it could be. i hope it's nothing serious.

good luck!

hi guys it was a reaction to a ani biotic injection something to do with the oil in it,so more tablets and if it doesnt go it will have to be lanced as it is rather big.i am taking him back in about 3 to 5 days unless it gets worse.and i wasnt charged today for his visit which was handy.so i will keep you all informed.alfs is in good spirit.but i am still scared for him but i trust the vet.thankgod nothing to horrible i was all ready arranging his funeral and where to put the ashes.

Excellent! Hope he doesn't have to have it lanced, but even if he does, this diagnosis sure beats may others. :cool:

Justine, How worrying for you! As everyone else said, there's loads of other things it could be. Let us know how it goes with the vet. :flwr:

Lump

Lucky had a lump under his skin in the hip area about 2 years ago. It started to grow and we took him to the vet who recommended we get a biopsy done.
The biopsy was done and it showed the lump was infected and filled with puss. It was sent off to be checked for anything more serious but results were negative. The vet said it was probably a reaction to an injection. I am glad to say he has not had any more.
Glad it was nothing serious!

Last edited:
karen s

yep it sounds the same as you.it is going away there is just a small lump.hopefully it will be gone soon if not he will have to lance it.jus.

Back