• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sasha

sramirez

My beloved angel Sasha was laid to rest yesterday after a very long week of struggling with the decision.

She will be missed by so many people that knew her - she was definitely a tribute to the cavalier breed. I will miss her happy face and wagging tail. She was my best confident through so many challenges in my life - I can't imagine facing every day without her. She was a therapy dog, loved to come to work with me and everyone she met was a friend.

She will always have a piece of my heart with her - may she chase bunnies and eat cookies at the Rainbow Bridge for eternity.

Sheri (Sophie & Chaz - her canine siblings)

Im so sorry to hear about Sasha, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time :hug:

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. How old was Sasha?

Thanks to all of you for the kind messages. It really does help to get thru the days ahead.

Sasha was 9, and had battled a number of health issues. She seemed to rebound back until about two weeks ago. Her breathing became very wheezy and rattled, and we assumed her asymptomatic congestive heart may have finally caught up with her. So last week, we loaded her with diuretics and heart medication in hopes that would help.

I wanted to spend this last weekend with her - I knew by Saturday evening that it wasn't looking good. She was constantly coughing and wheezing, and had stopped eating days before.

On Monday morning, i knew it was time to let her go. We spent our last hours together sitting in the sun outside.

while friends and family extend their grievences, the folks on this board really truely understand the loss and how deep it goes. I'm blessed to have such great friends here.

Sheri

I'm so sorry, Sheri. While Sasha is gone I'm sure you're comforted that y'all had a wonderful day in the sun together. Spencer and I are thinking about you.

I am so sorry at your loss----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

May I Go
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first, I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now to a warm and living light.
I want to go, I really do; it's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears.
I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know,
That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too,
And that's why it's hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say,
Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.

by Susan A. Jackson

Sheri, I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your girl. I know what a horrible time of it you must be having. Please know that all of us are keeping you and sweet Sasha in our hearts and prayers. Loving them enough to let them go is the greatest gift we can give our wonderful companions. Hang in there.
JaneB

Back