Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building relationships

Post Thanks / Like

First of all -- Yea!! and congratulations!!!!

I really like the darker background on the pictures.. It makes their play fighting seem more dramatic.

When you go from two dogs- to three dogs you have a small pack-lol. It is very interesting to see the different types of relationships they have with each other. My alpha male will let pups abuse him,pull his ears, take his toys, treats whatever and he never makes a peep. There is one adult female he doesn't like (which is odd). She is the only girl that isn't allowed to even look at his "stuff".

Best to you and your new addition- Sandy
    Thanks, Sandy, for everything. I'm really happy the girls are getting along so well and that we were able to keep Holly. I just hope Cedar starts to wear her out more often!!

It will be interesting to see their relationships change, as I'm sure they will. When Willow first arrived, I thought she was going to be the more assertive one. Cedar didn't know what to think of her and didnt know how to play with another dog much. Willow had learned a great deal in fostercare, and she had to wait for Cedar to figure it out! Willow quickly took the easier route and let Cedar take the lead. She's doing the same with Holly. Sometimes I think she gets annoyed with Holly, though Willow hasn't done anything but move away from her. She just gets this look in her eyes that makes me think she'd love to say, "good grief, go bother Cedar."
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), Holly (ruby), & Bella (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

That's very interesting as I am watching our own relationships build with adding our Cedar to the pack..I am having sooo much fun watching him and Robbie play.
    Debbie, Riley and Robbie

Post Thanks / Like

That's so great! Isn't it interesting and fun to watch them together?
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fabulous action shots! Delighted to hear they are settling in well together.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cindy,
    Congratulations on the new addition. She's a doll! Holly and Cedar's play reminds me of Daisy Boo and Twinkle (also tri and ruby). Brandy just watches them also. Looks like there's plenty of activity in your house now. Three definitely changes the whole dynamic - they are more likely to act like a pack now. Just wait until they all start barking together. This generally happens at dinner or walk time in our house. Have the camera at the ready for your first cavalier pile. That's really special.

Now all we're short is that elusive black and tan!

Joanna
    Joanna, Daisy Boo(ruby), Twinkle(tri), Brandy(blenheim rescue) and himindoors (mutt)