• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

View of the world

Jen

or at least their street anyway! We had a new front screen door installed yesterday. The contractor asked why we were replacing a perfectly good door, I told him because the dogs couldn't see out of it! He had a good laugh at that one...not sure if he was laughing at me though! :eek:

Now they can see, let the barking begin!

IMG_0231.jpg

Gus' little legs look like the wishbone of a turkey!:lol:
IMG_0229.jpg

Don't worry, I got a strange look too when i was at Home Depot last weekend inquiring about a retractable screen door for my back patio...I just said "it's a dog thing."

Oh the lucky dogs!! Can't say I've seen anything like that here in the UK, other than on the door to my touring caravan that is!

Very cute. I see you have the glass on the bottom and the screen on the top. Very smart. Our screen door doesn't have 2 panes, just one from top to bottom. So it is either all glass or all screen. I haven't put the screen in yet, because I am afraid the dogs are going to break the screen. Your setup is much better.

Very cute pictures, I know that need to have some view! Nóra used to stand with her front legs on the window and just look at the people passing by for hours! Than when she saw me walking down the streat she ran down to the front door and waited for me : )

Excuse my ignorance, we don't have screens here in the UK.

Is the screen like a mesh that lets the air in and keeps flying bugs out? In the pic it all looks shiny top and bottom like glass, am I seeing it right? Lastly what's it for if it's not mesh, I mean if it's glass you still have to wash the screen even if it protacts the door.

icon_blshing

very cute:razz: :razz:
when we moved to the house we are in now it had patio doors (still does) and lucy loves to sit by them and watch the world go by:D :D

Excuse my ignorance, we don't have screens here in the UK.

Is the screen like a mesh that lets the air in and keeps flying bugs out? In the pic it all looks shiny top and bottom like glass, am I seeing it right? Lastly what's it for if it's not mesh, I mean if it's glass you still have to wash the screen even if it protacts the door.

icon_blshing

Yup, just mesh to keep the bugs out. This particular door has what's called a hidden screen--it's within the glass panes and can be used on the top or bottom of the door--the glass slides up or down.

I have a storm door something like that. The dogs and cat love it. The dogs sit there and look for things to bark at. The cat just lays in front of it trying to catch the extra sun rays.

My screen is a fullview screen. So now I have the task of keeping Scout from jumping up on it. It's going well my screen is still intact. So far so good. She'll get the hang of it.

I've never understood why no one does screen doors over here -- there are plenty of flies to keep out! :lol:

Those wishbone legs are just the best. Each new Gus picture always tops the last one. :lotsaluv:

We have a screen door like yours hidden screen only in top glass on botoom my two dogs love it but hard to keep clean with paw prints:confused:
judy

Back