• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

LA Project update and a note from Penny & Clare

Bruce H

I got back from vacation late last night and went through my PM's and e-mails and here is the total of donations/pledges to date:

$1,250!!!

That is nothing short of amazing! I never expected such a positive response. Just goes to show what amazing things you people can do behalf of our breed. So thank you SOOOOOOO much for all you have donated; I just know we can beat SM when we have responses like this.

And last, but not least, here is an e-mail I received from Clare and Penny:

Penny and I have been quite overwhelmed with the response to the 'LA project'. Cavalier lovers have been paramount in supporting research into this condition and nothing could have demonstrated this more than this initiative promoted by Bruce and Karlin on the Cavalier Talk and Cavalier Connection Boards. We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts because once again you have shown confidence in what we are trying to achieve together and provided us with the means to do so.

To get the maximum out of the next genome scan (proposal in for a AKC CHF grant) we are increasing the number of DNA samples from MRI confirmed siblings and older relatives. This is especially important in a condition which can have a late onset. We have also been collecting DNA from other breeds with and without CM/SM in order to make comparisons and provide controls. Final 'tweaking' may make all the difference - and this is where your contribution has been used. Small groups of people joining together can make a BIG DIFFERENCE. Watch this space - we will be reporting back!!
Very kind regards
Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler

WOW! That is fantastic news!! :cl*p: Lets keep our :xfngr: for a good outcome from this latest stage of the research and also that they get the grant from the AKC CHF too as this will help things progress so much further!!

What an incredible amount of money -- this is just fantastic generosity from board members. :rah::rah:

It's so important to remember the power of a group! Everyone is a star here, and even the most modest contribution adds up to a big total -- and this kind of teamwork is one way anyone can make a big overall contribution to significantly helping this wonderful breed. :)

I know from talking recently to Penny and Clare that this donation is particularly significant for SM research and really helped move some essential final work forward.

Back