• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poor little Alfie

ness

Last night Afie wasent himself :( he dident eat his dinner and he usually scoffs it down. I was holding Alfie on my lap giving him a cuddle and he let out this huge scream :( I checked him over and found a huge lump under his throat. It wasent there before it only came up yesterday. I took him to the vets today and he has a salivary gland abscess and it is very painful for him :( poor little man. He has to go into the vets everyday this week and have an antibiotic injection, he had one today and he screamed his little head off :( I feel so bad for him. If the antibiotics dont work he has to have an operation to remove the abcess :( poor baby. Fingers crossed the antibiotics will work :xfngr: I feel so sorry for him :(

Oh ness i am so sorry that this has happened to alfie, my boys use to scream at the start when they got injections but it is not to bad now, just hold in there with him, the poor lil baby, fingers crossed that the anti - biotic's work and that he will be back to himself in no time!!

I hope the anti biotics work for him Ness, give him loads of hugs and kisses, the poor little baby :hug:

So sorry that Alfie and you are going through this. :xfngr: Fingers crossed the antibiotics work for him. :hug::hug: Hugs to you and little Alfie!!

Poor little Alfie. Hopefully the antibotics will clear it up soon. Glad it's something easily treatable :xfngr:

poor kid

Fingers crossed the antibiotics work for him also
know all about the screaming for injections but they are wimps.

Oh my goodness! Poor little Alfie. I do hope the antibiotic shots fix him up so he does not require surgery.

Thanks everyone :) Alfie is doing a little better today. His absess seems a bit smaller and he is eating much better. He has also been playing alot and racing around the yard :D so I think the antibiotics might be working. He just went for another injection and he screamed again :( he is being such a sook now. He must think im so mean taking him to get needles everyday :( I brought him a really cute puppy colar at the vets for being a good boy though, it's royal blue with yellow bones on it. he also got some liver treats from the vet :)

Ness, that is brill that he is getting better!! We all hate injections me included (i cry all the time) so alfie is just like me i will not say normal ;-) give the lil man a big hug and kiss from me

Glad he's improving! It's a good idea to give him treats immediately following his injection so he'll associate some enjoyable things with being at the vets!;)

Hi!

Sorry to hear Alfie is under the weather, am sure the Anti-biotics will soon have the desired effect and I am positive he will soon forgive you for the injections too! As Cathy suggested give a little titbit when he has them and he will soon forget!! A big kiss and a gentle :hug: for Alfie!!

Well it looks like Alfie is going to need the op :( he has finished his corse of antibiotics and the absess has come back :( I am taking him to the vet tomorrow to see what the vet thinks but im pretty sure he will have to have a operation to have the absess removed as the antibiotics only worked while he was on them :( but it came straight back as soon as he finished them. Poor little man :(

Poor baby! But I am sure once the abcess is removed, Alfie will have so much relief!:flwr:

I think it will heal much quicker, and the surgery will provide relief. :hug:

Is it in the area of his collar? Will he be able to wear a harness comfortably?

oh poor wee fellow - sorry to hear this. Such a shame that he will have to have the operation, but at least that should cure it permanently.

Yeah I think surgery is the only way to get it to heal. the absess is located along his jaw line but he dosent usually wear a colar anyway. But I was going to use one for puppy pre-school. He was supose to start on tuesday but I dont think he can go if he has his surgery before then :(

Back