• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eyelashes- Entropian?

OhMarley

Hi everyone,
Marley has something like Entropian, my vet didn't say entropian but a few eyelashes are growing inwards and touching his eye. My knowledge of this condition has always resulted in the animal needing surgery to correct it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Poor Marley. I've not had any experience with it but it sure sounds painful. Has the vet removed the offending lashes and did he say if there was anything that needed to be done in the future?

India had a slight case of entropian in both eyes, which was corrected with a laser procedure just after she turned 1 yr old. Her eyes were very very watery before she had the procedure, and I had to constantly blot under her eyes with a kleenex.

The danger with entropian is the corneas can become scarred, even with a slight case because of all the eye rubbing.

I'll speak to the vet tomorrow when i go to work and write down what she called it. His eyes when we first got him were very watery, they arn't so bad anymore. They havn't done anything as of yet, the original vet who noticed it said that for now he would just keep an eye on it and the vet i work with said the same thing, however I don't want his eyes getting damaged :(

Our vet waited until India turned one, I suppose to see if she'd outgrow it. I guess teething can also contribute to watery eyes.

Back