• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Success Story!

Donna27

I thought I'd share a story that happened yesterday.

Yesterday morning, I stopped by my local coffee shop to grab something on my way to work. as I was leaving, I saw this precious little tri-colored cavalier face staring at me from a missing dog sign:( I hate seeing any kind of missing dog signs, and this beautiful cav was just too much! I copied down the contact information, and was going to post it on here incase anyone in the Sacramento area saw him, but I didnt want to do that without his owner's permission. I gave a call and left a message just saying how sorry I was, and if they'd ever heard of the Cavalier forums online, that I would love to do what I could to find her little boy, etc etc.

WELL. just as I'm getting home yesterday, I get a call from his owner saying thank you for the call, but they found him!!:D Some nice lady was driving by right after he escaped their yard (they think the gardeners left the gate open), and luckily had treats and lured him into safety, and then called his owners! I chatted with his owner for awhile, and told her about this board, so keep your eyes open for a new member! It just made me so happy to hear of good people doing the right thing, especially after that Cav was stolen in the Bay Area a few weeks ago!

Yay!

Oh what a wonderful ending to a tragic story.

I saw one of the signs the other day posted on a utility pole. I thought to myself what would I do if one of my dogs every got lost, I almost stated to cry just thinking of it.

I'm so happy for that family and hopefully we'll see them soon on this forum.

Oh that's so nice to hear!! Always nice when you find out that dog and family are re-united!! Would hate to have any of mine go missing I have to admit!!

That's great that you called too -- I now how much I'd appreciate a call if any of mine went missing, from someone who cared about cavaliers. How wonderful to hear there was a happy ending -- and also for you to know this to be the case! I'd be worrying about the dog even if it wasn;t mine (I always worry about the ones in the lost and found here in Ireland and hope they are safe) and always would have wondered what happened.

Back