• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

KV Pet Supply pic too cute!

Molly's mom

Received this in the mail yesterday. Too cute for words!

Bruce, do we have you to thank for these fur babies?

575636508_92dff1f408.jpg

Don't think they are Bruce's as it looks like there are two white-faced blenheims! I know he had a half-masked tri but don't think he's had blenheims with no mask. For anyone who might know -- aren't cavaliers with no mask called 'clown-faced'?

They are cute! :)

Nope, not my puppies. Cute puppies, though, and a great pose. We have had one with half a mask as Karlin pointed out (on my avatar), but never with no mask. Oh, have had a couple tris with a "blenheim spot" like the tri on the end, really kind of cute.

Don't think they are Bruce's as it looks like there are two white-faced blenheims! I know he had a half-masked tri but don't think he's had blenheims with no mask. For anyone who might know -- aren't cavaliers with no mask called 'clown-faced'?

They are cute! :)

Hi!

Yes that's right Karlin, 1 or both eye patches missing is called a "Clown face", I have had 2 Blenheims who were "Clown Face's", Josie's dog Mr.Chips is one of them, kinda cute actually!
Have never had a Tri with it, but like Bruce have had Tri's with a lozenge which for some reason is considered to be unlucky!!??

Have never had a Tri with it, but like Bruce have had Tri's with a lozenge which for some reason is considered to be unlucky!!??
lol why are they considered unlucky?? whats the story behind that ;) :p

Hi!

Well the story behind the lozenge with the Blenheims goes back to "Blenheim Palace" and the Duke and Duchess of Marlborough, whilst the duke was away at battle his rather fraught wife, Sarah, would rub the top of her red and white spaniels head with her thumb, this spaniel was expecting puppies and when they were all born they each had the "thumbprint" or "lozenge" on the top of their head! :lotsaluv: such a romantic story I think!!

The Blenheims of course took their colour name from Blenheim Palace, they were bred there for many years, in fact Sarah, a woman after my own heart, allegedly instructed for the ballroom floor to be taken up exposing the soil beneath so her beloved dogs could "get back to feeling nature under their paws!"!! They were working dogs there too, they were trained to the gun and there are pictures of them retrieving game from a shoot which had fallen into the river!!

I do not know why it is considered unlucky for a Tri to have a lozenge, just that it is considered unlucky! Would love to know if any-one else has a tale as to why??

Hi!

Well the story behind the lozenge with the Blenheims goes back to "Blenheim Palace" and the Duke and Duchess of Marlborough, whilst the duke was away at battle his rather fraught wife, Sarah, would rub the top of her red and white spaniels head with her thumb, this spaniel was expecting puppies and when they were all born they each had the "thumbprint" or "lozenge" on the top of their head! :lotsaluv: such a romantic story I think!!

The Blenheims of course took their colour name from Blenheim Palace, they were bred there for many years, in fact Sarah, a woman after my own heart, allegedly instructed for the ballroom floor to be taken up exposing the soil beneath so her beloved dogs could "get back to feeling nature under their paws!"!! They were working dogs there too, they were trained to the gun and there are pictures of them retrieving game from a shoot which had fallen into the river!!

I do not know why it is considered unlucky for a Tri to have a lozenge, just that it is considered unlucky! Would love to know if any-one else has a tale as to why??

Thanks for that!:) Im pretty sure ive heard that story...infact i clearly remember a thread here on cav talk discussing it a while back...i just never heard of the tri + lozenge being unlucky...it would be cool to here if anyone knew why

I just got my catalog a couple of days ago and gushed over the cover--so cute!! I wondered if they were Bruce's too.

Back