• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

9 o'clock RTE NEWS - PUPPY FARM

coconut

Did anyone see the 9 o'clock news last night about a puppy farm, the girls i work with have just being tell me how mad it was! God it really makes me sick what these people can do to dogs!! :xfngr: that this encourages legislation to be passed sooner rather than later as it is terrible to thing what these poor animals are going through! I think whoever does this to a animal should be left to rot!

Sorry but it makes me so angry:mad: :mad: :mad:

i actually have tears in my eyes reading that! Really something needs to be done can they not see that?

:swear: :bang: This makes me so cross, the really sad thing is that so many people buy the puppies because they feel sorry for them and want to get them out of there, what they don't realise is that by buying the puppy they are perpetuating this awful situation!! :swear:

:swear: :bang: This makes me so cross, the really sad thing is that so many people buy the puppies because they feel sorry for them and want to get them out of there, what they don't realise is that by buying the puppy they are perpetuating this awful situation!! :swear:

Yes, that and too many people are looking at cost only, like they're buying a TV. You know you have your work cut out for you when someone calls and the first question out of their mouth is "How much are your puppies?".

I generally don't read those types of articles because they get me too mad.

I'd been about to contact Gormley -- so hope this will get the report off his desk and into legislation. They don;t even need to pass it; he only needs to sign the changes into law. Then they could consider broader legislation in the area.

Roche is contemptible -- if he'd brought in the report's provisions by now, they'd have had serious tools to prosecute people who run these kinds of operations. One main reason they didn't bring them in was out of fear of annoying Fianna Fail's rural constituency. It is disgusting that party is back in office.

They were on Pat Kenny this morning -- valerie Cox, who has been very supportive of puppy farm issues, went out to the site with the DSPCA -- and it was truly nauseating. All the dogs were kept in pitch blackness, many in boxes like the one shown in the press release; the stench was horrible and there were dead rotting puppies around and all the dogs were living in their feces. Yet all were gentle and scared but wagging tails when they were rescued. :cry*ing:

:(
Hopefully this news article will draw enough attention to the problem that John Gormley will step up!

Last edited:
oh karlin that is terrible :mad: :mad: it makes me so angry, i REALLY hope that they get what they deserve!! i am just annoyed over the whole thing!:cry*ing:

That is just terrbile, I hope to God Gormley does something about it, we have bloody criminals running our country!! Those poor puppies, it is just a disgrace :mad:

I didn't see the news last night, I have just read the link my god what kind of person could do that to any animal. :cry*ing:

The only justice for that person would be to lock him in a barrel or cage in his owo feces with no for and water for the rest of his life :mad:

I didn't see the news last night, I have just read the link my god what kind of person could do that to any animal. :cry*ing:

The only justice for that person would be to lock him in a barrel or cage in his owo feces with no for and water for the rest of his life :mad:

I agree niamhx. Or is that too going too easy on a "person" that would do something like this?

I didn't see the news last night but read about it in the morning paper with a lump in my throat. My feelings then turned into anger and finally frustration. I spoke to my oh about it and we know with our jobs we can't take another dog so we have decided to send a donation to the Wickow SPCA. That is far from solving the problem but hopefully every little bit helps.

I know tonight I'll be giving George plenty of extra hugs. Please God these poor little dogs with find homes where they will be showered with love.

puppy farms

I rescued a puppy farm ruby cavi breeding bitch in Feb of this year.She is the most adorable little munchkin ever. I do hope those poor souls get lovely homes that allow them to flourish as my Esther has.

just read the paper about the puppy farm.i say close them all down get it over and done with.

There are a lot of small dogs, mostly yorkies, in need of homes urgently as a result of this raid. If anyone is thinking of a smallie or has friends thinking about a rescue, I am happy to offer support and advice on settling these dogs into a new home.

I've been speaking to the dspca and they have had a lot of interest in the dogs. They are actually compiling a list and they are going to get back to each person. I just hope that people realise what they are taking on when they give a puppy farm dog a home and the extra responsibility it entails.

Back