• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The revolting treats, part 2

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't resist getting another pic of the dogs with their beloved yucky tracheas. :grnyuk:

I just couldn't be bothered to cut them up so gave them a whole one. They are huge! Here they are with their treats. Next purchase will be the smaller ostrich tracheas for sure:

Leo looks contemplatively at his while Lily lashes into hers in the background. :rolleyes:
650403904_55d6019d1d.jpg

Jaspar takes his into a seperate bed where he can guard it. Note suspicious look on his face. :rolleyes: He finally started into it after about half an hour and is busy gnawing away right now. Leo's just dozing beside his.
650403534_ba84efa0c9.jpg

Well Lily just came back upstairs after eating the entire thing :yikes. And belched as she came in. :rolleyes:

Do they go soggy, after chewing, like hide chews? I had to stop using these, as monty will swallow a piece that's less than three inches long and has nearly choked as a result.

My God! They are HUGE!!!!
I don't know....I don't think I am brave enough to give the dogs those windpipes....;)

They are supposed to be a lot more digestible than rawhide. They can kind of crunch and gnaw them and they do get soft but like pizzle sticks, not soggy chunks. They like these but I prefer giving them the neck sinews. :grnyuk: They aren't quite as messy or smelly; they love the sinews too. All the disgusting treats from zooplus.ie. :lol: They also love the horribly-named 'lunginis'. Yep they have beef lung in them. :cool::eek:

oh they look attractive Karlin LOL So glad you can't put smells on the internet!!

Lovely to see them enjoying them though...

Are the sinews very hard? Rupert broke a tooth on a pizzle so I have to be a bit careful as to what I feed him.

the Zooplus site - https://www.zooplus.co.uk/ is the UK link.

This is the range of natural treats...sound horrid but much better for the dogs than the processed items such as Dentastix...

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_treats_chews/natural_treats

I bought some of the red fish rolls from fish4dogs when they were on offer, they are brilliant, not cheap to buy but you get a lot - normally they work out at 10p each as you get approx 250 in a 1.9kg box, but they were on offer at BOGOF, so 5p each...
they have long storage dates too.

http://www.fish4dogs.com/cms/foodstore.aspx

The fish4dogs treats are great; I got a range of things the last time I was at an IKC show over here. Dogtrainignireland are talking about carrying them in Ireland but haven;t done so yet.

The sinews are kind of like beef jerky buta bit harder. They aren't as hard I think as pizzle sticks. I'd think maybe some of the dried meat treats they have would be good. I'm experimenting with various things!

They have such individual personalities, don't they? Which you've captured in the photos! Jaspar is such a cutie, and has such a serious look on his face.;)
All three are lovely!

I've looked at all the chews on the links, and some things I've never seen available here; I thought I'd seen everything being sold at dog shows! This is the first time I've seen noses and green tripe.:eek:

:grnyuk: :lol: I'm glad I was not eating. I have not seen those is stores here, do you get those from a butcher? The most digusting thing I get my pup is hooves. Talk about some seriously bad breath.

Great photos. Don't think I'm brave enough to give my lot tracheas though :eek:

I bought the mint Dentafun sticks from zooplus - they're supposed to give the dogs fresh breath but didn't IMO, plus they really stink. All the windows and doors were open :lol: . They really loved them so I may get some more.

:grnyuk: I just looked at the different things on that website, that is just too gross!!! Too early in the morning to be looking at them, the chickens necks look horrible :-?

Well Lily just came back upstairs after eating the entire thing :yikes. And belched as she came in. :rolleyes:

Hmm I think she rather enjoyed that then!! I have been contemplating getting some for my "cuddle" but like Nicki I got a load of the red fish skins when they were on offer, my lot go crazy for them! About the only processed snacks my lot get are the mini-markies and gravy bones but I am phasing those out now in favour of the fish snacks, I also ordered a combo box with a bit of everything, shall see what they make of those!!

The offer Cathryn ( and I got) is ended, but they are, until tomorrow offering 3.8kg of harder and larger cod jerky 'fingers' for the same offer price of £25.50 (It's buy one get one free). It looks as though they have a different offer each month. Mine go mad for them , too, and I think they must clean the teeth, judging by the crunchiness.

One warning : one is nice, two even better but three can mean runny poos (Teddy stole an extra one).

The website is www.fish4dogs.com

Last edited:
Back