Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We've had a "delivery"!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking We've had a "delivery"!!

Hello there!

Well I have been keeping hush about this for a couple of days, but I had a very special delivery on Wednesday Night!! Before I launch off about it I would like to Thank Karlin, Bruce and Nicki for all keeping hush about this too and Thanks for your emotional support through that evening

Crystal was due on July 1st, none of my girls has ever made it to her due date and Crystal wasn't about to alter that record for me either. On Monday I had a whole night of her being very restless and missing her Mom, Rosie and Sister Bella whom she usually sleeps with. Tuesday night was even worse, we had a whole night of very active bedmaking and loud panting! Here is Crystal in her nest looking very proud of herself!

I had my first positive sign that things were progressing when miss chowhound refused her tea! Then finally at 5:05p.m on Wednesday 27 June Crystal's first puppy burst into the world!! A little girl!! Followed very closely half an hour later by a little boy!! 2 more boys were born over the next couple of hours all very good weights, girl was 7 Ounces (sorry don't do metric!) first boy was 6 Ounces and the other 2 boys were both 8 Ounces. Crystals scan had shown 4 possibly 5 pups, but that is not a reliable way of knowing how many pups there are. So I had a good feel of her tummy and thinking she had finished put her outside to toilet (OH was with her just in case!) whilst I got rid of the newspaper and put down a nice warm fleece bed instead, Crystal came back up and settled down with her babies, very proud she was too! She had held back an afterbirth however and I was watching for her to pass it so you can imagine how embarrased and shocked I was when at 1:45 a.m instead of passing the a/b I was waiting for she delivered another little girl weighing a very healthy 8 Ounces!! I have no idea where she was hiding that one! But this is not the first time I have been caught out and I daresay it won't be the last

So here you go folks, here is Crystal with her 3 sons and 2 daughters!

And another one, will post better views as they get older, I don't like to disturb first time mum's too much just after whelping! Little surprise girl is the one on the extreme right!

Crystal has taken to motherhood like a duck to water, excuse messy back legs BTW Pups are nice and pink and warm and best of all quiet, unless they get knocked off a teat that is!!

Enjoy!!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! what beautiful pups well done everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Beautiful Mom and pups. Congrats!!!!!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, how pretty!

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking pups! So glad to see them. No need to be embarrassed about an unexpected one. Every breeder I know, myself included, has a Bonus Baby once in a while. The ultrasounds a a good guide, but definately not totally accurate. Besides, I think the Mom's surprise us once in a while just to let us know who's really in charge .

So are you getting any sleep yet?
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are all so sweet but the last little one I predict will be a little spitfire...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh they are beauitful ----Aileen and the gang (Jazziiie---Barney---Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god they are gorgeous, cant wait to see close ups of them. Congratulations
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    So are you getting any sleep yet?
    Sleep?? What's that?

Currently I think I have had about 7 hours in the last 96!! OH isn't working tonight, guess who's getting puppy duty tonight??
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to Crystal and her new family - hope mother and puppies are doing well. They look gorgeous - don't we all love puppies Makes me broody Can't wait for more photos!
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge