• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jordi's tummy

noa_mills

Hello all,

:eek: alert!

I got a bit of a fright yesterday. Jordi ate his dinner as normal, that is, he wolfed it down. Then we were playing on the sofa and he threw it up :( I had to take him away from the room because he wanted to eat it back :eek:

Then he threw again a few minutes later ... He slept all night and this morning he seemed fine, but I'm a bit concerned. I've noticed he plays with the cat's litter tray, maybe he ate a bit of sand? :eek:

Anyway, I was just wondering, is it normal for puppies to throw up or should I be concerned? He's such a tiny thing, I'm worried about him.

Maybe his food didnt have a chance to "settle" if he ate fast and then was playing right after?

I don't think the occasional throw up is anything to get too worried about, especially if he is inclined to hog his meals down really fast. Errr, yes, they tend to re-eat it again too. If he is a real chow-hound you might like to give him his meals in little portions, or if he eats kibble you could put it in a treat ball and make him work for it.

It is throws up on a regular basis, it probably isn't a bad idea to get the vet to check him over.

I usually don't let mine rough house for about an hour after eating. Shelby is my ulper (she upchucks her food and then tries to gulp it back down) :confused: .

The rule in my house is: if someone brings up their food, they are very welcome to eat it right back down again... :shock: :*gh:

The dogs have also learned the sound of a cat getting sick (they sometimes eat grass, as cats are prone to) and all three will rush to wait and see if there will be anything rewarding. :grnyuk:

Eating regurgitated food is a norm for lots of animal youngsters and doesn't really bother me at all. :lol:

Regarding Jordi, I'd just try to have him eat a bit more slowly perhaps, and not to play hard right after a meal. I doubt it is anything to worry about.

Thank you all. He has been OK all day. He had his dinner a while ago and he kept it down. I have started feeding him in little doses, seems to agree with him:xfngr:

Back