• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jaspar and the 'stick'

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you will know that Jaspar is somewhat obsessed with retrieving sticks from the creek in the Phoenix Park (or anywhere)...

Well I took the dogs out for a walk today and he was playing his usual game of barking and searching in the water for a stick to bring up. He has pulled up some enormous sticks and branches in his time -- many times the length of his body. But he met his match today!! He was actually trying and trying to pull this enormous thing up the bank of the creek to me and he actually did shift it around quite a bit. :shock: It's about 20-25 feet long. I wonder if he thought I'd actually pick it up and throw it back in for him? :rolleyes:

664166159_cc3a530ef3.jpg

Here's a close up of him grabbing the thing with his mouth -- he'll put his head totally underwater when he's looking for sticks, like an otter!

664166323_9d87d7c880.jpg

We were there yesterday as well, and it was a lovely evening after much rain during the week. This is in my favourite grove of trees planted over 100 years ago. The sun was low in the sky -- but we are so far north and it is so close to midsummer that it was 9:30 at night and still this bright out! (that will be nothing to our Nordic members though!):

665021172_f77ca030bf.jpg

The dogs were having a fun time running along the pathways.

664165437_2877edc9ac.jpg

What lovely countryside. That sure is a big stick to play fetch with; what great determination Jaspar has!!!

Oh Jaspar!!

You sure do set your sights high don't you lad? ;)
Gives a whole new twist to the saying "dogged determination" :lol: :lol:

Where's Lily??

She always runs out of the picture just as I snap them! Also she doesn't like to get herself wet above her legs and the creek was a bit too full from recent rains. :cool:

Wow Jaspar! You just remind me of how courageous this little breed is!! Beautiful countryside.

:lol::lol::lol:

I am sorry but this has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen!!

way to go Jaspar!! :rah:

It's amazing to me how many cavaliers have the "no fear" factor.. LOL

You go Jaspar!!! What a silly boy...

I love your photos. You are very, very lucky to have such a gorgeous place nearby you.

My Dixie would be just like that. She lives to find sticks..... What a beautiful place to walk. I would love to have a place like that to take a walk. Maybe I would actually get some exercise...

Sorry I missed this before Karlin - oh bless Jaspar, that is so funny!!!

Could you send him up for next week, we have a Highland Games near us and he'd be a good competitor for tossing the cabre!!

I love the photos of the trees and the sun - it looks a gorgeous area to walk.

Omg!!

:eek: That is huge and he thinks he can pick it up. That must be one strong cavalier to move that thing.:D :D
Oh well maybe he thought it would be a nice pressie for you Karlin.;)

Back