• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When to switch to adult food

Yaron

I have been feeding Paddy recently with Royal canin mini - Junior. She is now 15 moths old. When should I switch her to the mini - adult food?

I'd Love to hear you thoughts about it.

Thanks,
Yaron.

Usually at 6 months to a year! So she should be on adult now. :) Some of us never feed puppy food at all -- some breeders feel it isn't necessary. I never fed anything but adult food myself. It should say on the RC package when to start feeding -- I think it says for dogs 12 months+ but can't remember.

Hi!

I feed RC too and the adult feed is 10 months + so switch her when you feel ready, ironically my young 5 month old lad Darcy has never had the junior version of this feed he refused it totally yet is more than happy to wolf down the adult version, I think he prefers the slightly larger size kibble, hasn't done him any harm either, cracking body!! ;)

I now that the package says 10 months. However, I was adivsed by a dog breeder to keep her for longer on the Junior. I thought to ask for others opinion.

thanx
Yaron.

I think she's fine to switch, as many don't even feed puppy food at all. I never did, they were on adult food from the start.

I hate going against what your breeder says, but I have to agree, it's time for adult food.

Back