• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

No papers checked for flight

Jenny37

I took a USAir flight last week twice. Neither time did they ask for any rabies shot papers or health certificate, coming or going.

I find that absolutely perplexing, living in the times we do today, here in the US and around the world.

The only thing I could think of was the xray machine operators must be so certain that they will find whatever they deem important, with their machines, over papers.

Does anyone have any incite on this?

I cant be of any help to u, but when they do things like this they then wonder how diseses are passing from place to place. I know its not the same thing but when we were going through the airport at Las Palmas the police never checked r passports just waved us on.

If you were flying within the US, they don't always check, same in Canada.

Between countries, they should have checked the papers.

When we brought Rosie into Canada from the US, they did ask for her paperwork.

Mind you, they were more concerned about the dog food I had with me.:rolleyes:

I have travelled many times with my Cav, usually on American Airlines and I have discovered that sometimes they check and sometimes they don't. I want to think that it is like random screening, so you must always have papers because you never know when you are going to get checked. I flew two times in a row and did not get checked so I briefly entertained the thought of not getting papers for the next trip (my vet charges $42 for the certificate!) and of course that time I got checked so I was happy to have them!

We flew a pup under the seat from Heathrow England to O'Hare in Chicago. NO ONE checked the health certificate. They were very concerned about whether we had walked on farmers fields or that we may have produce stuffed somewhere. Hubby was disturbed and asked the last guy if he'd like to check that it was indeed a puppy--lol.
My vet charges 25 USD for a health cert. I would hate to have my travel plans vetoed because I didn't have one. fwiw, Sandy

Back