• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sonny is sick

:) He's going to be just fine. The vet let us bring him home yesterday afternoon as his condition had improved over the course of the day and after a shot of atrophone & antihistamines. He was still a sad & sorry little boy but even as the evening progressed I could see him brightening up considerably. This morning he is probably about 90% back to his old self and even managed to chase some imaginary bad creature away from the backyard.

We aren't totally sure what the problem was but the vet feels that he's probably had a paralysis tick on him that died & dropped off with the Frontilne, but that the tick was on him long enough to make him sick. We will probably never really know, but I am just so grateful that he is on the mend.

So that's it. We have had 3 bad doggy events (as Sam was very sick too a few weeks back). Hopefully that is the end to this run of canine woes.

Thank you for all your wonderful positive thoughts everyone.

xox

Whew.....I'm so relieved Caraline!! I've been thinking about you all day and wondering how he was doing....you can now disregard my pm!! :)

Hi Caraline!!

I am so relieved to hear this, give him a big kiss and a gentle :hug: from me won't you??

:xfngr: That this is your lot, I too am superstitous and believe that bad things come along in 3's, so that's your 3 now girl, you can relax! :D :D

I'm so glad to hear that he's ok. Some people claim that garlic alone (no proof) keeps away fleas etc, but it may be worth putting a little in the dogs' food, as well as using Frontline .

I am so glad everything is ok now, you can relax now, like Carthryn I believe that bad things happen in 3's, you have had enough for the next 50 years x ;)

Oh thank goodness - such a dreadful time for you, what a relief that Sonny is ok. I'm sure Beau and Sam were really pleased to have him home too.

Garlic can be toxic in quantity, so be a bit careful with that...

One thing that does work, although it takes a while {the effects seem to build up}, is an Amethyst crystal in the water bowl. We have a bad tick problem here {lots of sheep and deer}, and I don't like using conventional treatments as I have two with seizures, so I try natural remedies where possible.

The crystal doesn't prevent the ticks from going on to the dog, but seems to deter them from attaching {biting}. We have very few actually attach - and can be out for 1/2 hr with 4 or 5 dogs, and remove over 50 ticks during and after the walk EEK!

They tend to come to the top of the coat, esp if you disturb the coat.

Obviously where you are you need to be using Frontline as well, but it would not do any harm to put a crystal in the water bowl and might help.

Caraline,

I'm so glad to hear that Sonny is on the mend. Hopefully that's you lot now! :hug: :hug: to you all as I know this has been a stressful time for you.

Caraline,

I was so happy to read that Sonny is doing much, much better. I was on pins and needles reading the posts, waiting for an update from you. Whew!!! I'm sure you are relieved.

Back