• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oakley got his bronze!!!!

merlinsmum

On friday just gone - Oakley passed his bronze good citizen award ( second time around) He finally did a down stay for a minute and walked lovely through the gate despite wanting to pee on it.

Way to go Poker man!

Merlin's platinum test is in September - we have to do stops, send aways, a recalls etc all WITHOUT speaking! Merls can do recalls and emergency stops already without speaking but we need to master the send away and stop - any ideas?

:w*w: I'm so impressed. I don't have any suggestions for you, but wanted to give Merlin and Oakley a big congratulations from us!

Thank you - I'm very proud of them. Oakley spent all night parading is rosette he was so proud!!!

Congratulations, Kirsty and Oakley! :D

In agility I send Geordie away or keep him at a far parallel distance by holding my arm straight out at shoulder level with the palm of my hand facing outwards, fingers are skyward. When he sees this, he moves away in the direction my arm/hand are pointing towards. This is the hand signal for the 'move out' verbal command.

You're going to need to know how to tell him how far to go, when to stop, though, unless you're sending him to a wall or an object of some kind. Are you allowed to clap or make a sound to get his attention?

Then to recall - in agility I hold my arm down, hand in front of my knee area or slightly to the side, palm facing him and fingers downward, and he immediately comes towards my hand. In agility you're not allowed to touch your dog, so you have to quickly signal what he/she should do next before they come too close.

:w**h**: Way to go Oakley!! Made your Momma very proud of you you clever young man!! :cl*p:

As for Merlin, Hmm I would suggest lots of practice, I am assuming he is still going to training classes? Have a word with your instructor and see what they suggest?? But any way, Good Luck to Merlin for his upcoming exam too!! What well behaved dogs we have on here eh?? :dgwlk:

Back