• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming

Jen

I put an ad on Craigslist for our area, looking for a groomer to come to our house and eventually train me to groom our two on my own. I got a reply from a woman who lives only blocks from us, and she's a certified groomer with her own business that she runs out of her house. She's offered to take me on as an apprentice. I'm so excited! We have the Booster Bath, a grooming counter, but no tools as of yet. I can't wait to learn all I can from her! :D :D
Not only will this save us money, it will be so less stressful for the dogs. :D

Wow what a lovely offer for her to make, now you will learn all the tricks of the trade and also have 2 beautifully groomed dogs to boot!! Go for it girl!! (y)

What a good idea - sounds like fun, too. Looking forward to photos of your first grooming job!:snap:

Oh that does sound like fun. When you know all the tips of the trade, can I bring my dogletts over for a grooming session? :D

Great job Jen! I've just started grooming my two. We get baths once a week (Fiesta Island and bay water makes for two very dirty dogs). But the big thing is I've learned to trim the hair between their pads and actually clipped a few nails last week. But how nice to have a pro guide you and teach you. I want a booster bath!!!:( I bath mine in the shower and it's a real pain. Maybe one day I'll get a real set up.

We were really lucky to have come across our Booster Bath--a friend is a realtor and had a client leave it in their house that he sold for them, they didn't want it anymore. He had no idea what to do with it, and I jumped at it the minute I heard about it!

I'm nervous about grooming the dogs, but hopefully once I learn more I'll gain more confidence...and I don't know that I'll be posting any pictures anytime soon!! :lol:

Just remember Jen that the mistakes will always grow back. :lol:

Gosh I'd LOVE a proper booster bath! I use the shower too (or kitchen sink)which is a pain -- water everywhere most of the time. :p

I bath my two in the bath with no problems. I fill it half way up so that their bellies get wet. Fill full of Sanex bubble bath and away we go. When its rinse time, I just get the show and rinse whilst the rest of the water swill down the plug hole. They both wait in the batch until the is a big warm bathsheet waiting to dry them comes off the radiator.

No problems, no mess, no water everywhere!

Good luck and you will do a great job! I have always groomed Chester myself including nail trimming and it didn't take me long at all to learn. Cavaliers are easy to groom anyway since the only hair you have to trim is between the paw pads!

Have fun and don't worry...you'll do great!

Good luck and you will do a great job! I have always groomed Chester myself including nail trimming and it didn't take me long at all to learn. Cavaliers are easy to groom anyway since the only hair you have to trim is between the paw pads!

Have fun and don't worry...you'll do great!

I'll be doing more than the feet as we keep Abbey trimmed a bit shorter during the summer months. I don't think Gus (besides his usual attitude) will be difficult though--can't really screw up a shaggy cut!

Back