• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Neuturing

coconut

i am trying to hold off as long as i can and get bax and fred done at the same time but i was sitting on the sofa the other evening and fred out of nowhere started humping my arm! :rolleyes: funny now but not then! i was going to wait til they were both a yr but i could get them done when fred's 1 and bax would be 9 months would that be ok?

I did Jaspar and Leo around 9 months -- my vets suggest 6-8 months for boys generally to best avoid unwanted behaviours like humping and marking as once they start there's a somewhat lower chance of neutering alone stopping them (but neutering isn't a sure solution anyway -- I think the figures are about a 60-70% chance if neutered before they start). But they are not hard to train away from either if you want to try and wait. However that does take some time and energy.

We had Indy spayed but are considering not getting Charlie neutered. Do you think that would be an issue?

We had Indy spayed but are considering not getting Charlie neutered. Do you think that would be an issue?

No as Charlie will never get the chance to smell a bitch in heat! Obviously if he gets aggresive or starts marking round the house etc than get him done but otherwise speaking personnally, I would leave him as is for now!!

Great, that was our though exactly, as long as he doesn't seem to be showing adverse behavior then we weren't going to do it. Indy does all the mounting around the house as it is. :rolleyes:

Are planning on not neutering Charlie at all or only want to wait? I don't advise never getting him neutered.

At least waiting I guess, Toan is a hard sell on doing it. Men are protective of their boy parts, but not so much the girl parts. :rolleyes:

Not an expert opinion here remember....but I had Jake done at 6 months. I've heard a lot of people recommend doing it at a year.

Anyone have any input here?

Just had Toby done last week at 9 months. I think u can tell when its time. Toby started marking every where and i mean everywhere. This has stopped since. Before this age i think he would have been to small.

We had Indy done at 6 months, maybe we'll do Charlie at a year. We'll see when the behavior starts...

Back