• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

An American Haunting...

aperfectsonnettt

Does Veda hate scary movies?! I THINK SO!!!

Last night we were watching this movie and all Veda did was look around VERY alert.. She would bark at nothing, which added to the adrenalin rush i already had going! It was the cutest thing! Maybe she just could sense my fear but she seemed to be pretty scared herself.. Even covered her eyes once! (the way dogs do sometimes)

Anyone else have a cavie afraid of scary movies?!?!

Hmm!!

Many years ago I had a girl called Melody, at this time we had an elderly neighbour Tom, who was forever telling me he was "Waiting for Rose", Rose was his late wife. Anyway, we were all settled down for the evening, puppies playing in the lounge, one of whom was Melody, all of a sudden she approaches the dividing wall between ours and Tom's house and is going ballistic!! I mean hackles right up Ballistic, hound of the baskervilles etc, etc. Now at the time she was about 12 weeks old, we called her and she sat beside me but looking at the same spot on the wall growling, this went on for about 5 minutes, then she went off again, barking and growling like crazy, I went to fetch her and the room suddenly was freezing cold :yikes: it was totally bizarre! I picked her up and made a huge fuss of her and she calmed back down. Nothing else happened that night but you can imagine our horror when we discovered the next morning that Tom had passed away in his armchair in his lounge at the EXACT same time that Melody first started barking!! (Cue Twilight Theme Music!)

I love that film. Barney will sometimes watch the tv but we haven't tried a scary movie with him. Will have to give it a go.:)

My sisters dog was always watching one corner of her house as well, turned out that there used to be a door there. We have also noticed strange things in her house, we think it's haunted and dogs can pick up on things as well as young children.

Oh i think it's just fascinating how attentive and alert they are!! I'm convinced after this last week and watching that movie, Veda has been going nuts.. barking at the garage door or outside or just seeming to be staring off in the distance barking her pretty little head off, that we either have a friendly little ghosty or a friendly little mouse in the house!!

Cathryn - i read your story and that had to be so scary! Thanks for sharing.

Back