• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi!

Hi there! I'm the proud owner of Toby, an 18 month old blenheim. He's my first dog, and of course he's very special.
I'm an animal lover, and I had been reading about dogs and dog breeds for years, and after going through all the toy breeds on the AKC website I found the Cavalier. It was love at first sight. So finally I persuade my parents to let me have a dog- as they're not animal lovers it took me years. (The only pets I'd ever had were goldfish. I was five years old and my dad never cleaned the tank so they died. My parents used this as a reason for me not to have pets. :rolleyes: )
I looked on the BACKSC website (I live in Fremont, CA) and e-mailed a couple of breeders in my area. I was expecting to wait a long time for a puppy. Fortunately, one of the breeders who lived about 2 hours away was planning a litter. I ended up being third in line for a puppy. They were expecting three puppies, and ended up with 7. :D
The puppies arrived on Valentine's Day! At first I wanted the biggest boy, who had a blenheim spot shaped like a heart- but so did everyone else. Then I held up the smallest boy; his eyes weren't even open and he licked my nose. I was in love.
Toby came home when he was four months old and he's been one of the family ever since. He's a perfect angel- he has had only 1 accident in the house (our fault), has only ever chewed one hole in one hat, goes to sleep when we leave, and is utterly ADORABLE. He's a typical cavalier, frog legs, shuffle dance, licky tongue, and all. I'm happy to say my parents are enthusiastic converted dog people- he follows my mother around and she talks baby-talk to him, and my father gives him good-morning belly rubs. (Now I'm working on them to get a second. :xfngr:) But I'm his main Person and I'm very happy about it.
I've been lurking around this thread for simply ages learning a whole lot and getting to know you all and your dogs.I figured it was high time I joined up.

Hi all,

My name is Andrea.

I discovered this wonderful breed about 12 years ago when I saw one on TV. It was love at first sight. :D

Our first Cav was Heidi who was a tricolor. Sadly we lost her in January due to mitral valve disease. We had her for 12 wonderful years and she was such a joy.

I am now the proud owner of Hannah. She is a black and tan and is seven months old. She is a total love muffin. We are thinking of trying to rescue another Cav if the right one comes along.

Will try to add some pictures soon.

Back