• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Bite?

Holly

I was playing with my bofriends Lab, playing fetch with a stick. When I went to get the stick, he didnt realize my finger was there and accidentally got my finger. Its not terrible, but it hurts because he got the nail. He did break the skin a little. He is up to date on all of his shots. Do you typically need a tetanus shot for something like this? It was completely an accident- he didnt do it on purpose!

I wouldn't be concerned. This type of injury is one often suffered by people who play with big, active dogs. I've had one so bad that it actually left a scar and I never sought treatment (just a little scar; it was from a german shorthair who was learning to jump at a frisbee; he wasn't very coordinated :S)

I was playing with my bofriends Lab, playing fetch with a stick. When I went to get the stick, he didnt realize my finger was there and accidentally got my finger. Its not terrible, but it hurts because he got the nail. He did break the skin a little. He is up to date on all of his shots. Do you typically need a tetanus shot for something like this? It was completely an accident- he didnt do it on purpose!

ARE you up to date on your tetanus shot? When I got bitten by a feral kitten-- they gave me a tetanus shot because it had been more than 8 years.

If you are up to date then no worries, but if not then err on the side of caution and have one, dogs have a lot of bacteria on their teeth which could be harmful to you.

I called the ER and they said if I wasnt up to date on my tetanus shot, that I needed one. Since I couldnt remember the last time I had one, I went and got one, just to be safe! All better now!

Thanks! :)

Back