• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

No. 4

Like the vet said last night they have a saying that goes a heart in a cav that is right is the wrong heart.

Well when I was at the cardiologists having some of mine checked out they actually told me that Cavaliers have a naturally larger heart than most breeds! My reply?

"They need a larger heart to store all that love in!!" :lotsaluv:

My Cardiologists reply to that?

"I couldn't agree with you more!" :lotsaluv:

That is so true, they are the most lovable dogs ever! I cant get my head around how anyone could mistreat or abuse one, its just sick!!

So true. I cant understand why. This little lad is so good, had him out in the car today for a trip to the shop he loved it. The only reason so far i can see wrong with him is his skin, but that is fixable. In a couple of days when he is more settled i will be getting him chipped at least he was already nuerered so at least thats one good thing.
Still havent thought of a name for him so keep the suggestions coming in. So far i like Murphy,and Logan.

He might have belonged to an elderly person who didn't notice the poor skin -- they are also the group least likely to know to go looking at the pound for a dog (and Dunboyne is in Co Meath but takes only Dublin dogs... and Meath doesn't even have a pound, the county simply puts down all dogs!! Irish folks might wish to get involved in a campaign on this issue; see www.anvilireland.ie).

At least someone cared enough to have him neutered which is good. I can always allow for some elderly folks being accidentally neglectful as there can be sight issues and they may not have the dog close enough to them to really notice its problems, but anyone else should have had the poor fellow in.

Let us know what the verdict is on his skin. A low grade murmur often is something that remains low grade all the dog's life so we'll hope that if he does indeed have a murmur, that will be the case. :flwr:

Back