• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bike Trailer

Ironically, we just homed a rescue with a family that has one of these. The one year old boy just loves to go out in it.

I've heard they can be really fun -- I'd be afraid to use them on Irish roads though!

Whitney has one for Spenser. She just recently got it. Whitney - are you out there....post some of those pics on here!!:D

Whitney has one for Spenser. She just recently got it. Whitney - are you out there....post some of those pics on here!!:D

Great! I'd love to hear how well they work; how sturdy they are. I think we'll try the child kind first--easy to find on Craigslist, too.

They look like fun.....but You'd never get me on a bike....haven't cycled since I was at school :lol:

Hi Jen! We have one and love it. It's the Solvit Medium Trek'r, www.solvitproducts.com/trailers_joggers_main.htm and I got it from www.thepamperedpetmart.com. It's very roomy inside, has a "crate pad" thingy on the bottom and a safety leash inside that I hook Spence's harness to. We have tons of fun and I'm so glad I got it. I got a bunch of stickers and will have to take an updated pic tonight so you can see our flair. :cool:

BikeTrailer002.jpg

First time in the trailer. Not sure if you can see it, but he kept scratching his paw on the back window.

BikeTrailer010A.jpg

And we’re off! Trying out the new gear for the first time. Don’t worry, we were just on our street. More adventurous riding will be done with proper footwear and a helmet.

BikeTrailer029.jpg

My husband definitely has a career as an action photographer. He rode behind and next to us to take the pictures.

BikeTrailer048.jpg

Excuse my large rear. Spencer never could figure out which direction he should sit.

BikeTrailer073.jpg

I can’t tell if this is a look of annoyance or contentment.

I think he's just glad to be out on an adventure with you and not left behind in the house :)

Hi Whitney! Thanks for the pics, I'm going to check out the website now. I wonder if what you have would work for my two or if I'd need a larger one. How big is Spencer again? Abbey is 18 pounds and Gus is 14...

I love the pictures, how fun!!!:D

Those were great pictures but I'm with Ryan, haven't been on a bike for years and not likely too. The roads are just too dangerous here.

Jen, it woudl definitely work. It says it can accomodate 45 pounds. I've taken Spencer (22 lbs) and his "cousin" Maddie the pug (18 lbs) out together several times and they both fit nicely and have room. The only thing is that it has only one safety leash so I only hooked Spencer. :eek: But I'm sure you can buy something so they can both be hooked in. But really they don't have to be. I always keep the front and back doors closed so there's no way they can escape.

Last edited:
oh that looks great fun!!

Could you perhaps use one of those lead dividers {splitters} to secure both dogs?

I just ordered one, I can't wait!! I'll have to post pics.

I like your bike, what kind is it?? Too cute, what a fun set up. We have so many trails around our place, and I like biking, but I hate leaving the dogs home.:(

ahahaa, i was actually looking at them on ebay earlier! they are going like hotcakes!! I may get cookie one forwhen we take her to the park and she only has little lets...she'd love it!!

Back