Thread: Highly recommended!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Highly recommended!!!

I just got a few things that I want to recommend...

Fiirst off, I bought an 8-panel x-pen from Tara and Lisa and WHY DIDN'T I BUY THIS YEARS AGO was all I could think. I got the 30" high pen and it is so EASY to put up, it stores nicely in it's box, you can set up a pen of many sizes and shapes and there's even one panel with a door in the side. I put together two panels, folded it in half and have it stored in the kitchen as it will fold out to gate off the kitchen or stairs in seconds; much handier than my baby gate (or an extra door/stair block if I have the gate up). I can set up a pen to put any dog into in a few minutes and it is easily movable... this is just the best purchase.

Item: http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/sho...roducts_id=239

I also got one of the coloured dog crates/cages made by the same company; folds down flat for easy storage, rust free, and has a front and side door. I was just tired of my ugly Argos crate.

http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/sho...roducts_id=228

A small is large enough for two of mine to sleep in but you can get larger ones and get a divider and then two dogs wuld have separate sections.

Then, over at Zooplus.ie, I got the Dog Brick -- a puzzle for dogs! They all LOVED this -- you put treats behind little sliding doors and the dog has to figure out to slide open the doors. You can combine this with commands like 'wait' 'take it' etc and can also add in blocks of wood that hold the sliding panels shut and adds another task for the dog. Jaspar figured out in seconds that there were treats and was soon sliding open the doors and Leo was delighted to figure out the very basics too. I can't wait to try some more involved tasks with them now! You can also use it with cats or parrots:

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_...ce_games/13171

They also sell a couple of other of this Swedish company's puzzles. This is a perfect toy for Jaspar who likes directed tasks, needs things to do, and doesn't play much with normal toys It will be fun for the others, too.

On the Zooplus weird body parts treats front -- Mine LOVE the dog spaghetti. They also do nice dried tripe as it is thinner and smaller in size than other brands and better for small dogs -- you can easily rip a piece in two lengthwise or trim it if you want an even smaller piece. Also, I got the ostrich tracheas and they are exactly the right size for cavaliers instead of the gigantic ones. They also sell canned pure green tripe, which is really healthy for dogs and they LOVE it.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I love the look of all of those.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oooh you've been having fun!!

The puzzle looks excellent -I'm not sure Rupert would have the patience, he'd prob try to fling it across the floor to shake the treats out LOL

Can I ask you a quick question about the pen? Does the door go all the way to the bottom, or is there a section they have to step over?

Thanks for sharing these...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I also bought the xpen from DTI recently and it's great. You can also clip it on to a crate by sliding the "pins" through the bars - that is what I have done, so they have their bed as well as some outside space.

That puzzle looks great too but it'll have to wait till I get paid again (I spent way too much on the doggies this month )
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nicki they have to step over a section to get in or out through the door. It opens in the middle of the section.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I love the DogBrick idea and am looking for it over here. I did a Google search for it, and look what it pulled up--this little Schnauz!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqfdDfFLhR4

But, I still can't find this toy in the U.S.
    Last edited by Jen; 10th August 2007 at 07:25 PM.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I managed to find a pen here - sadly it's too expensive to have one sent over from Ireland

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEDIUM-HEAVY-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Really pleased with it, it's good and sturdy. I bought the 30" high too as I have some Jumpers LOL

It folds up so is easy to store, and like Karlin's, can be used as an impromptu baby gate!! This one is different from Karlin's - it is hinged so that it folds but can't be used as individual panels - I have puppy panels anyway.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to find a Dog Brick and some of the other things offered at zooplus, but evidently they don't ship to the US.

I haven't had any luck finding these items on this side of the pond. If anyone in the US knows where I can find the Dog Brick please let me know, okay?

Thanks!
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking, too and can't find anywhere in the US!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I managed to find a pen here - sadly it's too expensive to have one sent over from Ireland

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEDIUM-HEAVY-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Really pleased with it, it's good and sturdy. I bought the 30" high too as I have some Jumpers LOL

It folds up so is easy to store, and like Karlin's, can be used as an impromptu baby gate!! This one is different from Karlin's - it is hinged so that it folds but can't be used as individual panels - I have puppy panels anyway.
    Thanks for the link Nicki!

I have loads of 24'' high puppy panels but one of my girls needs a 30'' at the very least next time she has babies as she is jumper/climber at those prices no problem, here I come again "sigh" don't tell my OH OK folks??
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!