• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heat cycles

Yaron

I would like to hear from people about Cavalier young bitches coming to their 2nd heat cycle. At what age is it expected? I thought that my Paddy (16 months) is already about to go into season but nothing that I can tell is happening.

this week my male golden retriever has started sniffing her more than the usuall...

Is it possible that she is already in heat but its without visible signs?

Thanks
Yaron

Very generally, we look for the girls to go into season about every 6 months. But that is VERY generally.

We watch for our boys to tell us when our girls are going into season. They will start getting interested as much as a week before we see any signs.

If I had to guess, I would say that Paddy may just be getting started; you may see signs soon. You should also be aware of silent heats where there are no outward signs of being in season. They can definately get pregnant if having a silent heat. I would suggest you start treating Paddy as if she were in season and keep her away from any males.

Back