• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snoring

Ok had Chelsea in the bedroom last night in her cage, now i knew she snored but was she ever loud in fact it kept me awake i had to nudge her a couple of times. It was like being back with my ex :D but on a brighter note she did not mess and asked to go out at half 6.

Just wondered how many of your loveable cavs snore at night

Tracey

Chelsea Harley and Jess

:lol:

All 3 of ours have their baskets in our room.....and boy can they snore ;)

Lisa says...between the 3 dogs and me...it's like sleeping in a train station :eek:

My Molly snores....one night was very 'enjoyable' when hubby would snore, then Molly, then hubby..... What is 'funny' about the situation....I get annoyed with hubby for snoring and NOT at Molly.

Two of mine are really good snorers-Annie and Scout. And Annie loves to sleep right by my head...sometimes I wake her up just to stop the noise.

When Lily first came out of the pound and was very fat she snored to beat the band -- she was so loud I had to have her sleep in another room and could still hear her through two doors. Now she mostly has stopped with the weight gone but she is still prone to doing sudden loud snorts in the middle of the night which can frighten you out of a sound sleep! :rolleyes:

After a second night of being kept awake she has been moved to my daughters bedroom, she can sleep through anything :) but again she asked to go out at half 6 which is good, no messes

Tracey

chelsea harley and Jess

Bladrick can snore like a good 'un! He sleeps curled up on the end of our bed, and asks to go out when we get up - very good boy!! Luckily I can sleep through a lot of noise LOL

Our Molly also snores, quietly - and my husband says it sounds just like mine snoring (not charming! :rolleyes: ) Of course he never snores, it's just us two girls...

Most of my lot snore, the worst is Princess, when she had her puppy Darcy back in January she was snoring so badly in the whelping box in our bedroom that my OH went downstairs and slept with our daughters as she was keeping him awake!! :lol: :slp: :slp:

Yep George is another snorer! In the beginning we had him in our room but we couldn't sleep a wink so know he now sleeps on the couch. And we can still hear him through the walls!

may I comment on the subject of Snoring,and I hope its OK mentioning this latest Book written by Emma Milne ,a Vet ,where she describes Snoring being more of a Problem in BRACHYCEPHALIC Breeds,

In some cases the soft palate tends to be too long and gets sucked in and out of the wind pipe

Quite a number of Dogs have to undergo surgery to trim the Palateto stop the obstruction of the Tracea or Windpipe

I have heard of a number of Cavaliers having had this operation.

Bet

You're right, Bet; it can be a cute affectation but snoring is actually a sign of obstructed breathing due to the shape of their faces/noses. Most manage very well nonetheless, but for some cavaliers, the obstruction level is very serious and may require surgery. If anyone is concerned, always talk to your vet! (y)

I wonder if longer nosed cavaliers snore significantly less?

None of mine noticeably snore 95% of the time -- and Jaspar never does and never has -- but they don't have longer noses either. My mom's cavalier snores more! :slp:

I think a lot of cavalier snoring is also related to weight -- even being slightly overweight affects snoring levels with Lily.

Ruby is a very light snorer, and my husband and I both find it incredibly adorable. She'll also make these cute little sighing noises when she's about to go to sleep. However, I only notice the snoring when she's deep into a nap during the day, not at night.....

Harvey has the longer nose of my two and he is the snorer. My husband is one of these people who snore so loud he can keep the whole house awake. We now have it sorted as my daughter finally left home and gave us the much needed extra bedroom which is now occupied by hubby and Harvey. Alfie and I sleep silently in the next room , bliss.

may I comment on the subject of Snoring,and I hope its OK mentioning this latest Book written by Emma Milne ,a Vet ,where she describes Snoring being more of a Problem in BRACHYCEPHALIC Breeds,

In some cases the soft palate tends to be too long and gets sucked in and out of the wind pipe

Quite a number of Dogs have to undergo surgery to trim the Palateto stop the obstruction of the Tracea or Windpipe

I have heard of a number of Cavaliers having had this operation.

Bet

I have a question for you. I was doing some research on this (BAOS) subject, and I came across a cavalier who had this surgery to remove the palate and the scar tissue from the palate being removed actually caused more of a problem than the oversized flap in the first place (sadly the dog ended up passing away.)

Have you heard of this happening or do you think this was more of a fluke incident? It scares the bejeezus out of me!

Sara

That's funny, you make it sound like your ex used to mess the bed and asked to go out at 6:30am!! :fool:

Back