• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thanks to Thelly! And a BIG surprise...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
We have just discovered that the underwight little female cavalier rescued two weeks ago along with Fred is now... about to have puppies. :yikes Probably within the next couple of days. Fortunately for Ginger she has had excellent care from her foster home and will have had two weeks of good food (and stealing Fred's!).

We have no idea who the dad is though it could be Fred -- but there were other breeds of dog around as well.

Please wish Thelma and her partner well for being such dedicated *first time* fosterers and offering to continue to foster and look after the mum to be and pending babies!! :shock: Normally I don't throw people into the deep end quite this fast. :lol:

Ginger is clearly an experienced mum so we will all be hoping all goes well.

I am sure we will get some updates as things go along.:cool:

What a surprise! Excellent Thelma for taking care of sweet Ginger and her family to be.

best of luck thelma it must have being some surprise :) but a nice one! As i have said to karlin i am around if u need help!

Am told these are very likely to be cavaliers. However I do know there was also a lab about the property, can't recall if it was male or female... well we will know what we are going to get soon enough! I'd say in the next 48 hours.

I hope everything goes well for Ginger (and for you Thelma). I'm available to puppy sit anytime ;)

No News Yet

Thanks for all your support - Ginger is fine today and it's amazing to look at how big she is now we know for certain that she is having puppies!!

The other 3 are wondering why she is being singled out for special attention - they are all very put out!!!

I will keep you posted on the developments - exciting weekend ahead!

Fingers and everything else that can be crossed, is crossed for you and Ginger for an easy welping. Maybe she will be "considerate" and start in the morning. Did the vet do an x-ray to see how many Ginger is carrying?

Also, don't know what your set-up is like, but don't let her outside unless she is on a leash and you are along with a flashlight (at night) and a towel. We have had a couple puppies born outside over the years. And be sure to PM me if you have any questions, I'll help all I can given the time difference, etc.

Best of luck to everyone, am going to really be watching this thread.

Good luck Thelly and Ginger, will be thinking of you all. Hopefully as Ginger is an experienced Mum she shouldn't have too many problems - keep us posted when you can!

Oh wow! Just catching up on threads. Good luck and paws crossed here for easy deliveries. This would probably happen to me if I signed up to foster!:)

It's the first time I have had a cavalier come in to rescue that I knew was pregnant. And one that was about to have puppies within days!

We will all be waiting to hear what happens next. :)

Aww!! :xfngr: That all goes well for Ginger, will be watching and waiting for news, hope she is a considerate lady and goes over the evening for you and that all goes smoothly!

Back