• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

URGENT: foster for springer puppy

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Tara urgently needs a foster for a 7 month old small springer puppy, probably for about 2 weeks, but even a week to sort it out for a second week elsewhere would help.

Tara has been a key foster for many at risk cavaliers for me but she is currently full up with dogs and cannot take this one in. If you might be able to do this, PM me or Tara (TKC on the board). This pup is in the Dublin area currently.

He has already done basic obedience, is housetrained and very well behaved. He has not yet been neutered.

907781690_9b7fe01f07.jpg

This is very urgent -- puppy is at serious risk. If anyone can squeeze a little one in...

I'll be in Thurles on Sunday if anyone could drop him down I'd be able to take him for 2 weeks.
Sins

Thanks Sins,

He needs to be moved asap, today or latest tomorrow. Thanks anyway.... he is such a sweetie.

That would be ok with me.I was raised with springer spaniels and have a very soft spot for them.
Sins

Thanks so much guys, one of my clients lives in Wicklow and will hold him temporarily.

Thanks again for your offers. Will update here.

If anyone knows anyone looking for a springer let me know.

T

You guys are great; thanks for offers of help and glad h might be sorted now. This is a really wonderful dog if anyone knows a family looking for a young, trained, calm springer -- used to children, has done obedience, small size black and white fellow.

young, trained and calm springer? Sounds like a dream family dog for someone. :).

Springers make lovely dogs for an active family ... @ NESSR, we call Cavs mini-springers, if that gives you an idea. They do like LOTS of exercise tho', but are a wonderful, wonderful breed.

springer pubby

Hi Tara ,
My brother and his Girlfriend are interested in homing this puppy . Niamh has grown up with sprnger's so therfore understands the amount of excersise they need. Can you give me anymore information on this dog ?

Thanks
Lynn

Last edited:
I do know it has belonged to a family who do not feel they can kep him. He has been trained at Dog Training Ireland with Tara and Lisa. Tara has said he is a superb dog. I haven't met him. :)

I told her of your post. You can PM her by sending a PM through this board to TKC. :) Or email her at taraATdogtrainingireland.ie subsituting the @ sign for the AT in the address.

You can always go back and delete your own posts. :)

This dog is in Ireland so we needed an Irish foster but it turns out TKC has a week's breathing space so she's hoping she will be able to get him directly to a new home. :) I saw her this afternoon and told her there had been an enquiry about this puppy on this thread.

This boy has come to me now. He is actually a Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel !!! His owners thought he was a springer but when I saw him and read his IKC papers they confirmed cocker!

Super friendly affectionate and just a great little fella. Retrieves, plays ball loves everyone.

Anyone interested please call me 0872320668. First preference goes to anyone from this board. As you can imagine there is a lot of interest in him already. He is vaccinated, chipped and IKC.

I am happy to meet anyone who wants to see him. Call me though as I may not be online or even text.

OMG! :lol: Actually that makes a LOT more sense going by that picture of him -- I was thinking he looked very long faced for a springer. I can't believe his owners didn't even know what they bought from the breeder. :lol: I love that blue roan colouring.

Back