• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

heat after being spayed

Our vet told us that girls can have false pregnancy after being spayed. We were told to not spay our girl, Chocolate, until a few months after her heat cycle ended. Otherwise her hormones at the time of spaying could cause false pregnancy symptoms in the future.

Does your girl have a discharge? If so, she should go to the vet as soon as possible.

If even a tiny bit of tissue remains, this can cause them to go into heat though they can't get pregnant. If you think a female is going into heat after a spay it is worth discussing this with your vet. I have heard of this happening now and then though it isn't common.

i can see the scar where molly was spayed a good while ao but the lads where over interested in her yesterday but they are all fine now!!

Sometimes a spayed bitch can still be "interesting" not sure why really, but if you are concerned at all consult your vet!

Glad to hear things have calmed down a bit today!! :p

A yeast infection could make her interesting to the boys.

That happened to India once, and Geordie was paying too much attention to her (it was months after she had been spayed) so we took her to the vets. The vet diagnosed the yeast infection and prescribed medicine to clear it up.

Those nasty boys!!

My first thought was that a tiny piece of an ovary was left wheh she was spayed. Doesn't happen often, but I have heard of it.

You know my answer to everything - talk to your vet!!

Back