• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Feeding at night

Harley & Carley

Many of you have offered advice on encouraging Carley to eat more. We have just completed about 10 pounds of "Satin Balls" and have seen a little weight gain, but no improvement in eating habits.
The last 2 nights, she has refused her dinner (they eat once/day with a light snack in the AM), and I have placed the meal in the crate with her at bedtime. Both nights, she has eaten almost the entire bowl of food.
Should I continue or am I creating another set of problems? Keep in mind that I have tried this at meal time with no results.
Thanks again.
Ginger

If it isn't causing any problems, I don't see any issue with feeding late at night like this. Wonder if she'd eat earlier in the evening if you had the crate darkened?

Would agree with Karlin there, if it isn't a problem then carry on, at least she is eating albeit at a strange time, would also agree with maybe popping a blanket over the box to darken it up a little and encourage her to eat at a more acceptable time!

Back