Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hair everywhere!

Hi Folks,
    Every time I go near Ruby, I always come away covered in hairs!
    Is it normal for a Cav to shed so much? Does this stop after a certain amount of time? She's nearly a year old now.

Steve.
    stephenlynn.co.uk/ruby/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sinecurea View Post
    Hi Folks,
    Every time I go near Ruby, I always come away covered in hairs!
    Is it normal for a Cav to shed so much? Does this stop after a certain amount of time? She's nearly a year old now.

Steve.
    Yes, it is normal to a point, no it doesn't get much better. Cavaliers have a shedding coat- during stress, illness and hot weather- mine shed more. I live in a multi dog home and I am starting to choose my clothes colors by whether or not they will show dog hair. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I am having the same problem with Chester at the moment. I have been brushing him to try & keep on top of it but it seems to be getting me nowhere.

I ordered a Furminator today that everyone seems to rave about to see if that helps.
    Kelly, Mum to Chester

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When our dog was in heat she shedded more, otherwise it is not much.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Sandy, we have multiple dogs and are forever thinking about how something we buy will go with dog hair. I'll bet we go through at least 2 of those masking tape-type lint rollers a month. We buy them in bulk at Sam's Club.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Ill never forget when I had to have my photos taken for a board I sit on....to be framed in the hallway of the building where our meetings are held~

The photographer asked me to point out the one I liked best and I quickly pointed to one, he said Wow....That was fast...why that one?

I said the photo showed the least amount of dog hair.....
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like

I have 5 cavs here at the moment. I have just hoovered 3 times down stairs today as the amount of hair is not funny. I brush there hair every day with a normal dog brush and every other day with a ferminator and u wouldnt believe the amount of hair that removes. The worst part is that my kids like walking around in there socks and the amount of hair they pick up on them is terrible. Also i found the only way to get rid of the hairs when i have washed and dried the clothes is to put them into the tumble drier.
    The joys of owning a cav(or 5)

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the rubies/blens shed more? Holly always shed the hair-bunnies, but I never remember hair coming off her the way it comes off Amber! Or maybe it's just that I notice it more...
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you guys crack me up!!!

I burn out approx 3 vacuum's a year with my cuddle, like Bruce, furniture and carpeting is chosen with a view to how much it will show up the dog hair, and I have a magnet on my fridge which bears the legend

"NO OUTFIT IS COMPLETE WITHOUT DOGHAIR!"
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I wear a lot of denim and grey! With two tris I'm shot if I wear white or black. My guys get combed and brushed every couple of days and that helps. But right after a bath they shed like crazy for the first day.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah