Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Can u imagine my work uniform it is black trousers, black shirt and black apron. I try not to put it on me till the last sec.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm this is why i vowed to only have wholecolours ,lol
    But we've ended up with a blenhiem rescue cav. She sheds more than any other dog ive had. I got a bin full of hair off her with a stripping comb last week but she's still shedding

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Jassy is far worse than Arne.
    Norma
    Gabbie & Tilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well black is my most favourite colour & my wardrobe is full of it. From now on I'll be having to steer clear of buying black because it is impossible to keep my guy's hair off it.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing we have found for removing hair are the lint rollers that use the masking tape. I have to wear a coat and tie to work, so I go through a lot of those.

BTW, our corrent vacume cleaner just bit the dust so I bought a Dyson Animal yesterday. I swallowed hard at the price, but OMG does that thing ever work great.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love how it beats the hair up off the rugs. Scary how much hair is in the cannister after -- there's like a tablespoon of dust and three pounds of hair.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    The best thing we have found for removing hair are the lint rollers that use the masking tape. I have to wear a coat and tie to work, so I go through a lot of those.
    Those things are great. I use them too. I wear a black skirt & jacket to work also, but my stretegy in the morning when I am having my cuppa, is to put a long dressing gown on over my clothes until am about to step out the door. My dressing gown is now fondly known as my "Cavalier armour".

BTW, our corrent vacume cleaner just bit the dust so I bought a Dyson Animal yesterday. I swallowed hard at the price, but OMG does that thing ever work great.
    I'd love to try one of these out. The price of them here are like "mortgage the house" time.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Someone told me they shed more in the summer, so that it gets better when it starts to cool down. I'm not the best housekeeper so I don't vacuum nearly enough (it's just me and Molly in my house, and I know she doesn't mind ). But it's kind of discouraging when you vacuum and swiffer like mad and as soon as you put it all away, the fur is back!!

I was just reading another post on here somewhere about how often people vacuum. Guess this is a popular topic we can all commiserate on.

-laura
    Adoring mom to Molly (tri), 11/29/06

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Faith is blowing her puppy coat right now and the hair around the house is just ridiculous. Kosmo has more fine and thin hair where as Faith's is THICK. She's losing so much hair it's absolutely unbelievable. I showered her on Saturday and I gave her a brush down while she was conditioned - she clogged the drain!

I am now washing the sheets every other day (I hope she quits this soon!) so that we don't end up waking up with a mouth and nose full of dog hair and also I have to vacuum every other day to get it all up off the floor. Wood floors are a life saver.

We have a BEAM-Central Vacuum System. I think they are a bit pricier than the dyson animal vacs, but boy does it ever work wonders!! I can just suck it up and there's a gigantic canister that I clean out every other week. The BEAM also has attachments that you can use ON your dog to help with the hair..

Faith tries to eat the vac every time it's on (she thinks it's a game) but if it keeps up, I might look into the shedding vacuum tools..
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

At what age do cavies blow their puppy coats?

Bella suddenly started shedding like crazy when we went to the vets on Friday. She just turned 10 weeks.

Perhaps it was stress or heat or something?