• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Music and Cavs

msunter

Hello All

I was reading somewhere on the net that dogs really like calming music much like babies do. I was wondering if anyone else here does this.

Ever since we read it a few months ago when we got Rio, we programmed the Classical FM channel into our radio and it seems to work a treat. He likes to sleep with it on. We first started it with old christmas tunes and it seemed to work when he was very young but he likes the classical channel even on the TV he just sits on the couch like a cat listening to the orchestras and artist, peering at us now and again. :D

How many of you leave your Cavs for a few hours of the day like this with music or radio on?

We leave a classical music station on everytime we leave Zoey alone. We don't care for her choice in music but she seems to really like it. I do think it calms her when it is on.

Musicals and radio for me! Mainly cos my radio tuner isn't good so nine times out of ten I have no luck getting Classic FM on. Holly used to like 'The King and I' soundtrack though...

Princess Puddles loves the Riverdance music. I have the tape and she gets so excited when she hears it. As for calming music they all seem to like Josh Groban's music. I play his CDs a lot before bedtime. Everyone calms down and just listens to the music.

I remember Karlin commenting about playing Beethoven (or was it Bach??!) after Leo's wasp attack and how it was calming to listen to. We don't listen to classical music here...but just love Josh Groban. I listen to 60's and 70's on xmradio when I'm working. The dogs like it just fine....until I feel the need to get up and dance...then they beg me to change the channel!! :D

We always have a radio going when the dogs are crated. We have always thought it helped.

My dog listens to & loves loud music. We have had her accustomed to everything rock or metal (to be vague) & all it's sub-genres. Ever since she came home, she's been able to sleep with it on or off. This has helped when it came time to use the washing machine or vacuum cleaner to walking by very fast roads & trains or any other loud noises.

Annie loves classic rock, especially Led Zeppelin. Must have something to do with Mom and Dad's musical tastes. ;)

Dave

We use an iPod for our stereo, and the dogs have three playlists that I've made for them! In fact, our dog walker asked me to burn a copy of one of them!!

This thread has made me want to add a playlist for Kingston on my IPOD! Any ideas on what songs I should put in it? Classical music is not my thing, so I'm not familiar with many artists...

This thread has made me want to add a playlist for Kingston on my IPOD! Any ideas on what songs I should put in it? Classical music is not my thing, so I'm not familiar with many artists...

Ours are a mix of a little of everything, but mainly our favorites---John Coltrane, Etta James, Lucinda Williams, and a great variety of Brazilian percussions...although some times that sets Abbey into a barking frenzy!

I leave a classical music radio when Ulysse is alone at home. He doesn't like loud and modern music. Too violent for him :rotfl:

Whenever we leave Cleo alone, we leave the radio on. To be honest the radio is on in our house most of the time - I like to know what's going on in the world. I think she likes hearing the voices. We leave Radio 1 - the talk and a bit of music on, but I think she knows what time it is in the day by the theme tunes to the various shows, as on Fridays when I'm home, she goes nuts around 3 O'Clock, which is normally when mam arrives to take her on her walk on other days! Also she knows that the music from Drivetime means Mark will be home soon - I most days I get home before him. :D

Back