• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly's Home!!

Ali

Well we finally got to bring Molly home yesterday and its definitely been worth the wait!!! She's absolutely gorgeous!!! :luv: She's out for the count in her crate at the minute so thought I'd grab a minute to post a message!! I have to say I'm absolutely exhausted, its been none stop!!! She's adjusted very quickly to her new home I have to say and hopefully we've got off to a good start with the housetraining - only one accident (wee) since she came home which I'm delighted with. We've barely taken our eyes off her though and been quick to get her outside after naps, eating and play etc.
I was up with her roughly every two hours during the night - but she just went to the loo and back into her crate. She whined for a few mins but then just fell asleep. She got us up at 5.30am this morning but has had two naps since.
I really do feel like a new mum!!! :)
Can anyone tell me, should I continue to get up with her during the night for the toilet?? We crated her in our bedroom last night but others have suggested we leave her crate in her playpen (open) and just put papers in a corner of the pen for when she needs to go. Any advice????
I'll post pics soon.

Glad you are enjoying her. :)

You shouldn't need to get up every two hours -- just once around 3 or 4 am perhaps -- midway through the time she went to slep and you get up. They definitely don't need to go out every two hours and you could get her into the habit of assuming she will be taken out this often which you definitely do not want. Some puppies don't need to go out at all but best to assume that yours will need one nightly break at least for the first week or two til her bladder is larger.

I'd recommend buying Shirlee Kalstone's book on housetraining (easy to get on Amazon.co.uk).

Thanks a million for that - thought I was being a bit 'over-attentive' during the night!! Just really didn't want her soiling her bed - which I know they're unlikely to do, but accidents happen!! I was just responding when she started whimpering - which I guess is definitely not a good habit to get into!!! No accidents so far today which is brilliant!! My partner is a bit of a night-owl so going to stay up with her til around 12 tonight when she'll get her last toilet break - I'm going to turn in a bit earlier to get a couple of hours in, and then I won't feel as exhausted as I do today if I have to get up during the night!! I honestly don't know how people manage if they're working when they first bring home a new puppy :-? she's worth every minute tho :luv:

Back