• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bluebell keeps peeing in her bed !?!?

emmawright

Hello everyone, the past week or so Bluebell has been peeing in her bed which i don't understand why. The first time she just hopped in and did a very small wee, then the 2nd time i was putting in a new blanket and as soon as it was in she did a wee on it, then the 3rd time was today where i washed the dog beds and had just got them all lovely and fresh, dryed them outside, put them back and then she got in and did a wee again! i told her she was being naughty and just wondered if anyone has any idea why she keeps doing this?

I wondered if she was marking it as her territory or is she trying to be the boss out of her and Daisy? Cos i have noticed that it isn't huge wee's, just a bit, which she does in this specific bed and then pops into the other bed to have a sleep! Which leaves the wee wee bed for Daisy - which is quite unfair!

(Bluebell is now 4 months old)

My Toby does this as well every time i wash or he gets a new blanket or bed. I take to be that he is putting his smell back on his bed.

Did you use the special bio cleaner? I'm sure you did since you've already been through puppy training with Daisy but...!

It does seem that she's only doing it after you've replaced some bedding!

Which leaves the wee wee bed for Daisy - which is quite unfair!

:badgrin: What a diabolical stretegy.

I've never had a pup do this so I don't know much about it, but I was wondering if the washing powder you are using has a smell that makes her want to pee on the washing. Do you use bleach in her washing? I have heard that washing in bleach can actually make the dog pee even more. There is something about the bleach apparently.

My dog did this once but it was only a one off. I am wondering why she did it too. She pulled her bedding out of her crate & as soon as it was out of it, hopped on & peed! Very odd behaviour!

I'd imagine the more you wash it, the more inclined they'd be to do it since it smells less like their bed.

When I brought a new bad home for Oliver, he immediately lifted his leg and peed on it. I thought he was upset because I was making him sleep in his new bed, instead of my bed, but the trainer explained to me that dogs dont think like that and he was probably just putting his scent on it to mark it as "his".

But if she is doing it that often could she possible have a UTI?

I was thinking maybe bleach in the cleaner or a UTI as Holly has suggested, might be worth getting her checked out if she continues doing short frequent wee's.

Lucy often does this too , its always in Jakes bed and after we wash their bedding, she has never peed in her own bed or in Megans just only jakes, and its always when we are not in the room to see her do it!:(

Back