• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another poor girl

sallymum

Just seen an add for a 6 yr. old female selling for £50 course i had to ring. This little girl came from a puppy farm in carlow about 18 months ago in a bad state. I have been told by owner that she is a lovely girl loves walks and cuddles, ok with kids but a little bit timid. The reason now looking for a new home is because she had pups 4 months ago and they are keeping one of the pups so cant keep her.:( The people are going on holidays tonight for a week so i have to ring back next week. I can then take her. She has know been spayed.
Can u believe people ok got her out of a puppy farm she told me she complained to the ispca about the state of the place and dog but then to go on and let her have more pups and then get rid of her for another dog.:cry*ing: I was really angry talking to her but had to keep my cool.
Some people

Please if anyone else spots this add please dont ring. Dont want her putting up price.

Last edited:
It beggers belief doesn't it ?

I responded to an ad in our local paper, a few months back , as a woman had a tri boy for sale at £100. He was sold and the woman thought I was mad for asking if he was neutered and repeated that he was sold. I explained that I asked becuse I was worried he may have got for breeding, but luckily he was done, didn't go with his pedigree and the woman had visited the prospective home, so I could sleep that night. The woman was going through a divorce and had to move to a house where she could only have one dog, so opted to keep her old retriever.

Last edited:
Sallymum

I hope they will let you take her and dont sell her to someone else,i can help pay for her or if you need extra cash give me a shout.I know someone who got a kitten of the ispca and she got pregnant at 7 months old then didnt know what to do with the kittens so i said give them to the ispca and he said he coudnt because they would be cross she was pregnant at when the mother was a baby herself,we told him to spay her and he didnt care at all.She got pregnant by one of the tom cats that are wild he still hasnt spayed her and she is proberly pregnant agian.I am so cross with that nieghbour and cant even look at him any more.

It seems to me to indicate a lack of love for senior pets, once they lose their youthful appeal or get too old for breeding they're surplus to requirements!
Hopefully you'll be able to get that dog and set her up with a loving home.
Sins

Fingers crossed you get her!! I can't believe some people's mindsets at all! There is a well known breeder here in the UK who also runs rescue from her kennels, one day a man came along with an obviously elderly Cavalier and asked if he could "Trade Him In" for a younger model!! I kid you not, of course he was sent away with a flea in his ear by said breeder, OK puppies are really cute but a dog is supposed to be for life not until the cuteness wears off!
Wouldn't mind betting they have kept a bitch pup from the litter and she will eventually meet the same fate as her poor unfortunate Momma! :swear:

Fair play to you for keeping your cool! I guess it's in the little ones best interests anyway.

It's like the reason we have Lou our Ruby. She was my friends sisters dog and they were not looking after her. She is also epileptic and was not being medicated. When I finally got her from them (longer story) she was so under weight and had to be medicated quickly.

Now there is talk of a new puppy - I just want to scream. When I see her I will have to speak out!

Some people start even before the dog is elderly. Many Tears have a beautiful 12 week old gsd pup, whose owners had already tired of him.

Some people start even before the dog is elderly. Many Tears have a beautiful 12 week old gsd pup, whose owners had already tired of him.

I have to ask, but why wasn't the dog taken back to the breeder? Or is it another case of the breeder wouldn't take it back?

This is him

05-08-07 Mr T is a 12 week old GSD pup. He was bought by people who had given him no thought to owning him. They soon tired of and no longer wanted him. He is adorable.

PLEASE NOTE - To adopt a dog from Many Tears Animal Rescue you will be home checked, you and all members of your family and any dogs who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog. If adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area. If you are interest in adopting please call the rescue centre between 10am and 4pm on 01269 843084. We are unable to return phone calls so please try again if your call is not answered or email us at [email protected].

Attached image(s)
post-10239-1186486731.jpg

Back