• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leaving a dog home alone

Ive left Waffles alone before but not for extended periods of time maybe for like 2-3 hours. I was so intrigued by what she does when I am gone I had a camera set up and basically she grabbed her toy elephant and slept by it on the carpet for the entire time I was gone, but the minute I got home her tail was wagging and her butt was shaking all excited to see me!! But yeah like everyone else says if you work a 9-5 job your cav is gonna be darn lonely

i think working all day every day is definitely not ideal but like many have said, for many people it is necessary. if someone can stop by mid-day for some playtime (not just a quick potty but some actual interaction) and if you are commited to being at home whenever you're not at work, you can make it work. if you are involved in lots of other things after work or like to go out a lot... it wouldn't be fair to the dog to just stop in to potty and feed them after work before heading back out. if you're non-work related activities involve the dog (walks, going to the park, dog classes, training sessions, etc) and if you are totally committed to the fact that the dog's needs MUST come before your own....you can make it work.

that being said, unless you are totally set on getting a CKCS, i would also consider looking into other breeds to see if there are any more independent breeds (or mutts) that you would like to have. CKCS really were bred for the sole purpose of being companions and keeping people's laps warm in drafty castles. other breeds can be equally loving when you come home but may also be happier to have some alone time during the day.

good luck with the decision making process!

Back