• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Some people!!!!

Rj Mac

Why is it...that people with the brain capacity of a brick are alowed to own dogs :bang:

I've just come in from our evening walk, most nights we do the same 1, round our scheme, then round an old playing field,where the dogs can get off the lead for a run, it's a massive open bit of ground, fully enclosed round the sides with fencing, so nice and safe....from any point in the field you can see the rest of it, so you have plenty of warning of anyone coming your way.
We usually always see the same faces and all the dogs know 1another, so there's never any bother, just loads of playing :dogwlk: :D
Anyway tonight i'd just let the dogs off their leads for less than 5 minutes, when I spotted this guy comking from the far side, who I've never met before, with a border collie and a JRT.....when I see someone new I immediately put our 3 back on their leads...just incase............but this :swear: let his dogs bolt the whole length of the field away from him over to me,the collie was no bother, she just wanted to say hello to us all, and away she went............but the Jack Russel, wanted how should I say.....intimate knowledge of all our dogs.....oh and my shins:rolleyes:

Now that's not what bothers me....I just gave it a couple of biscuits and it soon settled down, then I let our 3 off and all 5 of them were mucking about really well, the next thing I know this buffoon eventually comes across, and with no word to me picks the JRT up by the scruff of the neck, screaming at it, he then dropped it and rattled it up the backside...
I said to the guy what the hell did he think he was doing, that's no way to treat a dog....it's caused us no harm, he said the wee s**** is always running away........can you blame it, I said...no wonder!!!
I was then told to mind my own f*****G business, that he knew what he was doing:yikes
If that's how he treats his dog infront of strangers, what's he like at home...
I told him that if I ever came across him again, and if i seen him even as much as point at the dog, I'd report him to the RSPCA, I've a good mind to do it now....but as I said i've never seen him before, and none of the 2 dogs had tags on.
I'm sorry to ramble on...but that guy does not deserve to have the 2 dogs he's got, who by the way were both beautiful, and as i said they did us no harm what so ever, they only wanted to play with our lot!!

Phew....!!!

OMG!! :yikes: I too sometimes wonder about the mentality of some people who own dogs around here, I am often heard to remark "nice dog, shame about the owner!" :lol: There is a guy round here, a bodybuilder type, who has a really nice staffie (he calls it a wimp because it won't fight!) who I was following along the canal tow path walk earlier on this evening with the 4 doggy boys, well his boy had a call of nature and he dutifully picked up (not too many do that round here!) I was impressed, that was until he promptly hung his poop bag off the branch of the nearest tree! :bang: Any-one else I would have challenged but it was me, 4 dogs and no mobile as it was charging in the house at the time! :sl*p:
As for your encounter, well I have to say it beggars belief sometimes doesn't it? There's nowt as queer as folks eh? :huh:

The saying "theres no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners" springs to mind here.
Some people just dont deserve the loyality of a dog.
Someone who knows him will report him to the RSPCA sooner or later if he behaves like that sounds like you did everything you could

Good going for telling the jerk off!!! I hope you see him again and can report him.

Ryan:

You were very brave to speak your mind that way. I applaud your efforts. I'm glad the guy's dogs aren't aggressive but I'm afraid if he keeps abusing them, they soon will be. Maybe the call to the RSPCA is in order as if they do turn mean everyone who uses your delightful sounding off-lead area could be in real danger.

Well done for standing up for the dog. Someone has to, the poor dog cant. Though someone like him mighten think twice about starting on u. (then again he is prob a coward.)

What a drop kick! The world is full of them. Grrrrr. They always blame their dogs don't they! Grrrrr some more.

What a pratt!! Well done Ryan for telling him off though. If you do see him again try to find out where he lives and report him, god only knows how he treats the dogs at home!:(

:yikes :yikes OMG! That's awful! Whay do people do this? If you can't love a dog and make an effort to understand its perspective, you shouldn't be a dog owner. No wonder the poor guy was always running away, I would be too if someone kicked me in the bum everytime I wandered a bit away. I hope you don't mindf me saying so, but you were very brave to tell the guy that that was not on - to be completely honest I'm not sure if I was out alone in the evening in a field that I would do the same.

Back