• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

my 9 month old ruby has a lump

jewel

I have a 9 month old ruby that has a lump on her chest. The lump is about the size of a pencil eraser. Has anyone come across this before ? We noticed it a couple days ago and it had gotten alittle bigger. It doesn't seem to bother her at the moment but we are concerned. I made a vet appointment but I am just trying to find out alittle about what it might be to ease my stress.

Sorry cant help as never came across this. you have done the right thing in making an appointment with ur vet. Hopefully it is nothing. Lets us know when u come back from the vet. will be thinking of u and ur little one.:flwr:

I'm sorry I know nothing about lumps, I just wanted to say I think you're doing the right thing going to the vet to get it checked out.. Keep us posted on how it goes. :hug: :hug: :flwr:

abbsess perhaps ? we've had a couple of dogs with them on their chests.

or if she's microchiopped it could have migrated

I would take the dog to the vet. It "could" be a few things- the vet will be able to tell you whether it is a migrating microchip, a cyst, a fatty tumor. fwiw, Sandy

I agree, this could be anything, best to get it checked out by your vet, :xfngr: it's nothing more than a fatty lump or small cyst, keep us posted!

Hi Jewel,

As the others have said there are lots of different types of lumps dogs can get. Most are benign (harmless) but it is important to have them all checked out by a vet because some can be nasty, while others can start off benign but can turn nasty later.

thanks

thanks for all the responses and concern. we head to the vet tonight so hopefully everything will go OK.

Sometimes when ticks drop off they can leave a lump behind and they take ages to go down.

everything is Ok

I finally got back from a business trip and can let everyone know that Jewel is doing OK... she had a fatty lump and the vet took it off... everything went OK and Jewel had no problems with the procedure... thanks again for all the help and concerns...

Thanks for the update. So happy for you and Jewel! Give her a pat on the head from her friends in Miami

Oh that's good news! It's good that you were so vigilant and spotted a potential problem so quickly.

:rah: That is wonderful news!!!!!!!!:rah: Give her some hugs from all of us, please!

Back