• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Paper Obsessed!!

Jen

Abbey is obsessed with paper, it's crazy! I don't know where it comes from, but she goes balistic for anything in paper-form. When I wipe her eyes w/ a tissue she tries to eat it, we can't have toilet paper hanging, because at age 5 she STILL tries to eat it, and if she hears the shredder in the office she comes running, because she knows there's paper involved. Last Christmas, she ate most of our Christmas cards when I had them out on the coffee table, and opening gifts around her is just insane. She's also been know to shred magazines...she takes them under the bed as if we're not going to notice. Last night, I'd taken my new jacket out and set it on the back of a chair. The tags were still on it and little eagle eyes spotted them and came running to chew on them. Gus checked it out and got his butt handed to him when she flipped out on him for trying to get in on the action--he doesn't even like paper, he was just excited because she was!

I don't get it, it's so odd. Anyone else have a paper eater??? What is it with this behavior??

Yep. It's largely down to it being light, I suspect. If they move slightly with it, it moves a lot. Same reason why they like empty water bottles.

Aoife found a finished loo-roll & ran around the flat with it this morning! I suppose it's fun when it's easy to tear?

A member, from New York, on another forum, used to petsit her sister's cavalier. Lady was an aweful thief, jumping ontotables for food, but also had a penchant for tissues, which she shredde by the boxful.

Teddy loves paper....as long as it contains food.

Yep! We have a paper thief as well! She is not as bad as yours, though. Molly eats toilet paper, when it is hanging she pushes it down and runs away with it, now we have to have all the toiletpaper standing on higher shelves. She also grasps paper from the paper baskets, which now are emptied more often than usual. :D

Dixie absolutely LOVES to shred magazines or newspapers. She is as good as a shredder....the pieces are tiny and all over the place.

My lot love to shred and eat paper too!! Makes pooper scooping rather interesting sometimes! :lol: :grnyuk:

How could i forget ! Teddy likes to kill the evening paper. it's ok if I have chance to shoutv 'Mine!' , but if he gets there first the intruder has to have a good shake and often looks the worse for wear.

My lot love to shred and eat paper too!! Makes pooper scooping rather interesting sometimes! :lol: :grnyuk:

Makes litter training quite interesting!

A weird behavour I have noticed today, as it reminded me of my previous Cavalier, is chewing walls/bricks! :confused:

Annie's a paper shredder too. She doesn't really eat it, but if she gets ahold of a piece of paper, she'll shred it to bits. One time we put her in her kennel, which has a section of newspaper sitting on top of it. When we returned, she had pulled the entire newspaper section into the kennel and completely shredded it.

Another time, the door to the closet where we keep the toilet paper wasn't closed tightly, and she unrolled four or five rolls of TP.

Dave

I have some paper-lovers too, especially Bella :D. You can't leave paper bags, cards, letters etc. within easy reach of her or it will be demolished. She loves when there is packaging around with thick cardboard - keeps her amused for a while but the clean up (for me) is not so fun :D. She also eats the instructions if I'm building a flat pack :rolleyes:

:rotfl: Jen your post gave me a great belly laugh. Mine don't really have a thing about paper as such, but Beau is a tissue, dental floss & nasal spray theif. Beau has a special thief run he does. If I see him streaking by doing his little theif run I know to grab him and damand that he "give". Ah they are funny little things aren't they!

Oh, yes! Molly is a Paper Lover too. :D

She goes after anything... toilet paper, magazines, tissue, napkins, paper hangers from the dry cleaner, BOOKS! Sometimes she just shreds it, sometimes she eats it. In fact, I was thinking about posting and asking if you all thought it was bad if she ate that stuff. I have to admit, I let her eat it sometimes (although I control the quantity to just a little bit at a time). But she gets such pleasure out of it!! She enjoys shredding/eating paper, and chewing on wood more than anything else in the world! Okay, except maybe actual food. :D

-laura

My Bernie is a living, breathing paper shredder! Discovered this by accident when I left a book I was reading on the floor. :D Now all junk mail is passed directly to him.

:lol: Geordie is terrible around cardboard boxes - he just can't stop himself from chewing on corners! And occasionally he'll go for a magazine if it's within easy reach.;)

Just loaded this picture so thought I'd post Dylan's paper trail, guess it works, I will be running round after him picking it all up!
1239403048_751acc10e3_b.jpg

Last edited:
That reminds me, I've got to cut the grass. We always tried not to chase Dylan when he stole something because then it becomes a game so he's only just learnt this trick when we've been a little careless and left stuff out.

lol! My dog (same age) has started going for newspapers and post which arrive through the letterbox. Nightmare!!!

My Harvey is 4 months old and also loves paper. We had to move our supply of computer paper when we found all the edges chewed up. We save the empty toilet rolls for him now to chew on and he loves them.

Back