• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teddy's after out

Barbara Nixon

We went to the vets today, for Teddy's long overdue vaccination (no big deal, as he is done annually and some dogs are only done every three years). Considering that he can be awkward, he was lovely with the vet and gave him lots of kisses. The vet actually commented that 'this breed' gives kisses whether you want them or not, but I think he chnced it rather, when he blew raspberries at Teddy. I warned him that it could cost the end of his nose, but he said it wouldn't be the first time.

Because he was so good , we went to Pets at Home, where he hoovered up any stray bits of kibble. Mind you, one sack had a corner missing and I think you know who gave that one a little nudge. At the checkout, he all but climbed up the slats on the desk, as he remembered that they used to give free samples of biscuits. No offers, but then he saw the raised bowls display...with lots of freebies..so guess what.

We are going to try Atopica, but have to wait at least two weeks , because he had his vaccination. The vet said he has had some very good results with it, though his first trial was offputting, because that dog got one of the possible side effects -the runs.

As he doesn't think Teddy's reaction is bad (he heals quickly, but licks somewhere else), he's going to try the lower dose than suggested for his weight, as it will test for any upsets and give some indication of whether it will work. Tummy upset means we stop, a good reaction means try a month long course, which eventually tapers to one every several days and a slight improvement means he needs the 50 mg tablets.

Back