• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is it possible to get all 4 cav colours in one litter?

Cathryn, I have always preferred the wholecolor heads to all the others. I'm not a fan of dogs with lots of jowl or heavier muzzles, though and I see much more of that in the parti colors. Snipey, I believe means pointier muzzled, but what do you mean by "hard", and the other term a "generous head". Are you speaking of the amount of padding around the eyes?

I'm trying to discover what appearance qualities others like in this breed!

Arlene

Hi!

"Snipey" for me means little to no under-eye fill and a pointy, lean muzzle.

"Hard" basically means a fixed, almost staring expression, and a "Generous Head" is exactly that, broad skulled, well "set-on" (level to the skull) ears, generous fill under-eye, not too jowly around the throat and muzzle, and most important of all a large, double pigmented eye.

My good friend (also Zoey's breeder) just had a litter with all four colours. I helped her deliver them and we kept getting more excited as each came out a different colour. Daddy was a ruby and mom was a tri (also Zoey's mom) Heres a pic of them we took on Good Friday.

Ruby, Blen, and Tri are boys. The black and tan is a girl.. my favourite of the bunch.
DSC04196.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

Thanks Cathryn for that explanation. I fell in love with this breed for its incredible temperament, and it is taking some time for me to get accustomed to its look. I'm still learning what others prefer in it. I grew up with a mother who bred working collies, and have since rescued many herding breed types, so of course I am accustomed to an unpadded face, pointy muzzle, and almond eyes - quite the opposite of the Cavalier!

Arlene

Arlene

Those pup's aren't badly miss marked either. Hope they turn out just the way you want them.

Evan

PS - The Parti X W/C matings were what put the wholecolour's on the map, with help from my friend Sheila!

Here is my 4 color litter of NINE! I kept a blenheim girl. Mom was b/t with tri father bred to blenheim.
9weeks.jpg

Elude, I can see why you like the black&tan, she's very pretty. :luv:

Nancy, a litter of 9! I've never known of such a big litter. Did you know before the birth that she was expecting that many?

The Vet said at her xray that she had at least 8, and when I dropped her off for csection the day before her water broke (they kept her all day) , the vet techs thought they counted TEN. This was the first litter I've raised myself, and let me tell you , I was panicked. Their weights were 4 oz to 9 oz.

Truman's litter had three colors - every color except Blenheim. There were 2 B&Ts (1 boy/1 girl), 1 Ruby (girl) and 1 Tri (girl). Mom is a ruby and dad is a B&T...My breeder has mostly wholecolors and rarely breeds particolors...I wish I had a picture of the whole litter, they were adorable!

This is the cutest pic ever! Oh it would be wonderful to be able to have these little guys/girl running around!

Nancy-Love your litter of 9 too!!

Ruby, Blen, and Tri are boys. The black and tan is a girl.. my favourite of the bunch.
DSC04196.jpg

That pic is so cute ...it makes me want to have 1 of each:xfngr:
We were away for the weekend at a campsite and I met a guy who had a 1yr. old black and tan cav. named Teddy.We got chatting,well Alex and Teddy got chatting first...it turns out that Teddy came from a family of 5 but his siblings were all blenheims the poor little fella was the odd 1 out.I suppose its a bit like a mam and a dad together.Myself and Michael ie.I have red hair.michael has blonde hair,our 3 kids are that blonde theyre nearly white,yet my mam and dads hair is black yet myself,my 3 brothers and my eldest sister are like strawberry blonde...a posh word for red hair...but my youngest sister has pure black hair? Its all in the genes.Thats not we tell my parents they get some stick off us lot:confused:

Back